The Infantry Unit that Kroot are Missing

Tawnis

There are a lot of spaces in which GW could expand on the Kroot range in the future, though even if the do so, I imagine it will only be a few more models over the next many years. Great Knarlocs are the obvious choice to come back as a monstrous vehicle smasher to fill in that missing gab of the army, but Kroot are also missing an elite infantry unit as well as an initiation unit. So, here's my take on what that kind of unit would look like: 

Kroot Long Quills
5 Long Quills + 1 Hound Pups: 70pts
10 Long Quills + 2 Hound Pups: 140pts
Led By: Kroot Flesh Shaper, Kroot Trail Shaper, Kroot War Shaper.

Long Quills: M:7" T:3 Sv:6+ W:2 Ld:7+ OC:1
Hound Pups: M:12" T:3 Sv:6+ W:2 Ld:7+ OC:0
Infiltrators, Stealth

Long Quills are equipped with a Twin-Linked Kroot Rifle, Kroot Pistol, and a Close Combat Weapon.
Hound Pups are equiped with Kroot Fangs.
One Long Quill per 5 can exchange their Twin-Linked Kroot Rifle for a Dvorgite Shredder, Londaxi Arbalest, Dart Bow, or a Big Game Rifle.

Big Game Rifle: (Heavy, Precision, Devastating Wounds) R:36" A:1 BS: 4+ S:6 Ap:-2 D:2
Dart Bow: (Anti-Infantry 3+, Assault, Heavy) R:24" A:D3 BS:4+ S:4 AP:0 D:2
Dvorgite Shredder: (Ignores Cover, Torrent, Assault) R:12" A:D6 BS:N/A S:5 AP:-1 D:1
Kroot Pistol: (Pistol) R:12" A:1 BS: 4+ S:4 AP:0 D:1
Londaxi Arbalest: (Anti-Vehicle 4+, Anit-Monster 4+, Devastating Wounds, Heavy) R:18" A:3 BS:5+ S:8 AP:-2 D:2
Twin-Linked Kroot Rifle: (Twin-Linked, Rapid Fire 1) R:24" A:1 BS:4+ S:4 AP:0 D:1

Close Combat Weapon: A:3 WS:3+ S:4 AP:0 D:1
Kroot Fangs: A4 WS:3+ S:2 AP:0 D:1

True Seekers: 
When this unit makes an attack against a character unit, this unit's weapons gain the Lethal Hits and Ignores Cover rule. 

First to Blood: 
When this unit makes an attack against a single unit that is at starting strength, this unit gets +1 to hit and +1 to wound against that unit. 

The idea behind this unit is essentially an inverse to the existing Kroot units, one that gains a buff when setting up attacks to enable other units to get the detachment buff when attacking. It's also a way to field some Kroot veterans on the board, giving them the classic +1W +1A that veterans usually get in armies. The idea behind the pups was that these Veterans are also responsible for training the young Kroot Hounds in the field, their expertise giving them more control over the rambunctious young hounds. 

I've actually done some conversion work to make a unit like this and it's going to be my next big painting project, so I'm excited to share that when it's done as well. :D 

I'd like to hear what you think though, would you be concerned going up against this. Fellow Kroot players, is this well designed enough to be an interesting addition to the army? 

24 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I feel what Kroot are missing is a "Big Guys" unit that's not just 3-6 literal Gorillas.

Something akin to a 5-10 model MEQ unit to complement the 10-20 model GEQ unit archetype they are currently.

I mean, that is pretty much what I put in, just with a Kroot vibe. 2 Wounds, more consistent damage output, synergies with the army...

If I'm misunderstanding what you mean, what would you do differently? 

22 minutes ago, Tawnis said:

I mean, that is pretty much what I put in, just with a Kroot vibe. 2 Wounds, more consistent damage output, synergies with the army...

If I'm misunderstanding what you mean, what would you do differently? 

Pretty much agreeing with you, just not quite feeling the vibes of the Kroot Pups