Kill team Reboxing Prices

INKS

So I've just seen this here in NZ. Space Marine Scouts were I believe $130 but you could get them third party for $114. I still consider that an eye-watering price for 10 models, but I was considering getting them.

But now, they've been jacked up to $160 ($140 third party) for the exact same models, but with some cardboard I'm never gonna use? That's ludicrous. I'm a painter, I have no interest in Kill Team.

I know part of GW's pricing strategy has pretty much always involved the game rules (e.g. character/leader models being more expensive because you're only going to need one or two), but these are baseline troops in 40k, it's insane. No cardboard is worth an extra $26-30.

Edited by KaosRaptor

2 minutes ago, Frogian said:

Apologies if its already been mentioned but do we know what's going on with the Striking Scorpions yet? I.e release date and likely cost?

We do not know yet, should be in wave 3 whenever that is. Price should be between 80-90 Cdn. just like these other sets. 

2 minutes ago, Frogian said:

Ah thanks, so that's the same price I think for them then - they were £47.50 before anyway

It's a total guess mind you. But all the boxes from wave 2 fall into that price category. I don't see the scorpions being any cheaper. Maybe closer to the high end of that because they know you need them for 40k as well.

On 10/24/2024 at 9:23 PM, KaosRaptor said:

So I've just seen this here in NZ. Space Marine Scouts were I believe $130 but you could get them third party for $114. I still consider that an eye-watering price for 10 models, but I was considering getting them.

But now, they've been jacked up to $160 ($140 third party) for the exact same models, but with some cardboard I'm never gonna use? That's ludicrous. I'm a painter, I have no interest in Kill Team.

I know part of GW's pricing strategy has pretty much always involved the game rules (e.g. character/leader models being more expensive because you're only going to need one or two), but these are baseline troops in 40k, it's insane. No cardboard is worth an extra $26-30.

Play Stargrave instead and use futuristic minis from other manufacturers. Problem solved.