The Rumour Engine - 22nd October, 2024

6 hours ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Weren't there rumours about another new regiment besides Krieg? So since I prefer Krieg to keep its old drumm mags for Autocannons, I'm gonna say: "It's clearly Praetorians".

Catachan? Now thatd be some hardcore rumour enginning

42 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

Catachan? Now thatd be some hardcore rumour enginning

Two years ago around this time we got the reveal of the Guard refresh that was coming early in the new year.

Now we're waiting on a Krieg wave coming early next year that has high chances to be at the very least teased this November.

So there's a non-zero chance that in two years we finally get to see the musclebound jungle action heroes in a similar fashion.

1 hour ago, DeadFingers said:

Two years ago around this time we got the reveal of the Guard refresh that was coming early in the new year.

Now we're waiting on a Krieg wave coming early next year that has high chances to be at the very least teased this November.

So there's a non-zero chance that in two years we finally get to see the musclebound jungle action heroes in a similar fashion.

A current down-the-rabbithole theory of mine is that next season of kill team will be jungle/"old one" ruins theme to thematically coincide with an hypothetical "old ones" narrative theme for the end of edition campaign starting around that time, the same way Arks of Omen and Gallowdark season thematically overlap.

Catachans are ofcourse the natural fit for that. ( And actually, the fact we dont have had new catachans in KT yet is one of several "evidence" for the theory, even if maybe not the strongest one.)

I might make a post about the whole theory, its a bit offtopic to go deeper into it here.

However,
If these are IG its more likely it is for a known closer release; Krieg.

If it doesnt get resolved then, I throw it at the evidence for my Jungle season theory XD

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

A current down-the-rabbithole theory of mine is that next season of kill team will be jungle/"old one" ruins theme to thematically coincide with an hypothetical "old ones" narrative theme for the end of edition campaign starting around that time, the same way Arks of Omen and Gallowdark season thematically overlap.

Catachans are ofcourse the natural fit for that. ( And actually, the fact we dont have had new catachans in KT yet is one of several "evidence" for the theory, even if maybe not the strongest one.)

I might make a post about the whole theory, its a bit offtopic to go deeper into it here.

However,
If these are IG its more likely it is for a known closer release; Krieg.

If it doesnt get resolved then, I throw it at the evidence for my Jungle season theory XD

Emperor, I hope Catachans get some love soon.