Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WBRBloom said:

You're welcome @Brother Tancred! Really nice and clean job on the librarian's staff and its ornamentation! 

 

Did you paint his kneepad the same colour as the armour on the marines??

 

Yes it is, it's something I always do on my models from one of the specialist within chapter command. I'll be adding a decal there later like a white Aquila or try and freehand the chapter badge. I just feel it ties the model back into the chapter other than a single shoulder pad.

Right big push this week to get the last few units finished for Call to Arms. After tonight's session burning the midnight oil I'm almost there.

 

First up are the second batch of intercessors that are done:

 

large.PXL_20260912_2321330782.jpg.83c1ff2e95c94389a318e2739840a37c.jpg

 

Then there are the Eradicators that just need the base rims painting black:

 

large.PXL_20260912_2321561992.jpg.9c0a77d9de5b35c74cb9cb09c48b2db8.jpg

 

The Ancient who still needs the base rims and some more touches to the banner:

 

large.PXL_20260912_232238068_MP2.jpg.43b9cafc809555cdaac352f3dc40e587.jpg

 

And finally the big dog himself. The Captain still needs some washes and the base doing but calling it their tonight. 

large.PXL_20260912_2323438422.jpg.d2061842545ba8473f8d80b04ed5c9f6.jpg

And with the final washes and layers dry I'm calling this lot done for the purpose of Call to Arms 2026. Now to go back and push them past tabletop quality.

 

large.PXL_20260914_1140483812.jpg.03015ed35a67313e282d881cdab676df.jpglarge.PXL_20260914_1151149582.jpg.a103d276bdafa5c8ebd0df35f1ef053a.jpglarge.PXL_20260914_1141057442.jpg.c78159d45bb2d478bb42e7981b33e6b6.jpglarge.PXL_20260914_1115078092.jpg.2c235cf0888a5b6e7bb9ccad820d7010.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2026 at 4:37 PM, space wolf said:

Love the orange and white on that captain. Really pops!

 

Thanks @space wolf, I'm slowly going back over these models to take the painting level up a notch rather than tabletop level. Hopefully after a few highlights they'll all pop. 

 

On that note I've been working on the first half of the tactical squad adding highlights and decals. Over the 20+ years of the hobby I've always despised using decals as I could never get them to settle nicely. Who knew all I needed was the correct tools in Micro Sol & Set :teehee:. 

 

large.PXL_20260922_1637289522.jpg.d79fb320c2a1ede01080532fe1b90fc1.jpglarge.PXL_20260918_0701371872.jpg.048db480ee7edb04bd3c18084b9b9b39.jpg

How effective have you gentlemen found it with round transfers on SM shoulderpads? I've found it to be only of limited use in that regard. I still get wrinkles. I typically just cut the transfer in half, and free hand the part that's missing.

The trick with shoulder pads is to give a light coat of gloss varnish before you start and allow to dry. Then apply the transfer using Microsol. This softens the transfer when wet. As it dries it causes it to shrink to fit the surface it is applied to. Then seal with Lahmia Medium or your choice of varnish. It really does look painted on when finished.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.