Brother Tancred Posted September 7 Author Share Posted September 7 1 hour ago, WBRBloom said: You're welcome @Brother Tancred! Really nice and clean job on the librarian's staff and its ornamentation! Did you paint his kneepad the same colour as the armour on the marines?? Yes it is, it's something I always do on my models from one of the specialist within chapter command. I'll be adding a decal there later like a white Aquila or try and freehand the chapter badge. I just feel it ties the model back into the chapter other than a single shoulder pad. WBRBloom 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6185860 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Tancred Posted September 12 Author Share Posted September 12 Right big push this week to get the last few units finished for Call to Arms. After tonight's session burning the midnight oil I'm almost there. First up are the second batch of intercessors that are done: Then there are the Eradicators that just need the base rims painting black: The Ancient who still needs the base rims and some more touches to the banner: And finally the big dog himself. The Captain still needs some washes and the base doing but calling it their tonight. Dr_Ruminahui, space wolf, Heraclite and 4 others 3 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6186535 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Tancred Posted September 14 Author Share Posted September 14 And with the final washes and layers dry I'm calling this lot done for the purpose of Call to Arms 2026. Now to go back and push them past tabletop quality. Dr_Ruminahui, Valkia the Bloody, Kommisar_K and 4 others 5 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6186745 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted September 14 Share Posted September 14 (edited) Love the orange and white on that captain. Really pops! Edited September 14 by space wolf Brother Tancred, The Pounder and Dr_Ruminahui 1 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6186817 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Tancred Posted September 22 Author Share Posted September 22 On 9/14/2026 at 4:37 PM, space wolf said: Love the orange and white on that captain. Really pops! Thanks @space wolf, I'm slowly going back over these models to take the painting level up a notch rather than tabletop level. Hopefully after a few highlights they'll all pop. On that note I've been working on the first half of the tactical squad adding highlights and decals. Over the 20+ years of the hobby I've always despised using decals as I could never get them to settle nicely. Who knew all I needed was the correct tools in Micro Sol & Set . Valkia the Bloody, The Pounder, Dr_Ruminahui and 4 others 3 2 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6188639 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted September 22 Share Posted September 22 Solid work! I was in the same boat as you for a long time, micro set and sol are a game changer! Your line highlights are very neat also, keep’em coming. Brother Tancred 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6188671 Share on other sites More sharing options...
WBRBloom Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 Oh yeah, Micro Set/Sol are life savers. I've used them extensively for my army, the last couple of years. They even revive old decals - and I mean old, over 25 years in the box. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6188721 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 How effective have you gentlemen found it with round transfers on SM shoulderpads? I've found it to be only of limited use in that regard. I still get wrinkles. I typically just cut the transfer in half, and free hand the part that's missing. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6188786 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 The trick with shoulder pads is to give a light coat of gloss varnish before you start and allow to dry. Then apply the transfer using Microsol. This softens the transfer when wet. As it dries it causes it to shrink to fit the surface it is applied to. Then seal with Lahmia Medium or your choice of varnish. It really does look painted on when finished. Brother Tancred, Dr_Ruminahui and Lathe Biosas 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388069-the-watchkeepers-returning-to-40k/page/2/#findComment-6188792 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now