Ahzek451 Posted August 8 Author Share Posted August 8 Working on a new cryptek model, the blades are a pain and require patience, but so worth it in the end. Brother Captain Vakarian, Firedrake Cordova, space wolf and 5 others 2 5 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6182097 Share on other sites More sharing options...
kabaakaba Posted August 8 Share Posted August 8 19 minutes ago, Ahzek451 said: Working on a new cryptek model, the blades are a pain and require patience, but so worth it in the end. Nice, do you paint it like a cristal or like metal? I mean here on main blade where it's connected to shaft your green is less bright then on tip. Are you do it intentionally? IMHO if you add a bit of color you use for edge highlights it should add to paint job Ahzek451 and Firedrake Cordova 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6182100 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 Your work is so smooth and clean, it really is impressive! Pyramids are symbolic of power and you’ve conveyed that with your painting. Can’t wait to see more! Firedrake Cordova and Ahzek451 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6182165 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dr_Ruminahui Posted August 11 Share Posted August 11 Your green power (or whatever necrons call it) weapons are awesome and are definitely worth all the effort. What colour are you doing the edge highlights in? They almost look cream coloured. Firedrake Cordova and Ahzek451 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6182519 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahzek451 Posted August 19 Author Share Posted August 19 On 8/11/2026 at 3:44 PM, Dr_Ruminahui said: Your green power (or whatever necrons call it) weapons are awesome and are definitely worth all the effort. What colour are you doing the edge highlights in? They almost look cream coloured. Going off memory here, but I am pretty sure it was army painter moon dust. You are currect, its like a creamy yellow. And then for the very tip corners I mix matt white with a dab of yellow. On 8/8/2026 at 2:49 PM, kabaakaba said: Nice, do you paint it like a cristal or like metal? I mean here on main blade where it's connected to shaft your green is less bright then on tip. Are you do it intentionally? IMHO if you add a bit of color you use for edge highlights it should add to paint job It is intentional, but I could try that! Firedrake Cordova and Dr_Ruminahui 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6183126 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahzek451 Posted August 19 Author Share Posted August 19 (edited) Finished the dude with the staff. I had the limited run Technomancer on foot, but GW decided to remove him as an option in the codex I think for 10th. So in order to make him look like he could "fly" like the one with the canoptek cloak, I gave him his own little disc to ride around on using a part from the Silent King kit and a few other Necron bits. I like options, if I want multiple Technomancers, I don't want them all looking the same. Photos are a bit grainy, kinda messes with the picture, he looks less fuzzy in person. Edited August 19 by Ahzek451 Kurgan the Lurker, Firedrake Cordova, Bouargh and 2 others 1 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6183130 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Firedrake Cordova Posted August 19 Share Posted August 19 Looks great. The blades are excellent Ahzek451 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6183137 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahzek451 Posted 18 hours ago Author Share Posted 18 hours ago (edited) Been kinda busy for a spell, but alas I have been hobby busy too lately. Returning to T.sons, there has been something I wanted to do for about 24 years. The Thousand sons have had 2 flyers since epic 40k. The doomwing fighter and firelord bomber. I was REALLY hoping that during the flyer era of 40k, GW would produce a kit for these 2 for us one day. But we got the heldrake instead. Admittingly, I am not a fan of the helturkey, and I was looking for something more dedicated (a unit not shared amongst chaos factions). I do not think GW cares much for flyers anymore in 40k so...I got tired of waiting. I have been working on designing and making my own updated versions. T.sons will have their daemon engines darn nabit! Edited 6 hours ago by Ahzek451 Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6189584 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahzek451 Posted 18 hours ago Author Share Posted 18 hours ago First up, my updated doomwing. Valkia the Bloody, Heraclite, space wolf and 2 others 1 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6189585 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago Ok, that's cool! where did you get that thing!? It looks like it might be 3d printed? Did you CAD design it? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388070-ahzeks-pyramid-armies-work-tsons-and-necrons/page/2/#findComment-6189664 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now