Dosjetka Posted August 2 Share Posted August 2 Let's start with assessing the core issue: A year-and-a-half into working for GW and going a little crazy with the staff discount, I have too many minis in boxes, a certain amount assembled, and very little fully painted & based. I do enjoy collecting Warhammer but I prefer it better when minis are painted. This thread will be my umpteenth attempt to document my painting progress. A few pics of what you can expect to see moving forward. My current most active project: Orks. Currently focusing on the Deathskullz clan, will likely dip my toes into Bad Moonz and Evil Sunz down the line. The project that is the closest to completion: my Deathwatch Kill Team. Once I finish the core five Astartes, I'd like to expand them to ten. These Necrons were painted for a Kill Team narrative event and are missing a Nightbringer C'tan, that I need to bring home. I don't have much currently to add to these but I do like them as they're great minis, very quick and enjoyable to paint. The longest running project here: my Horus Heresy-era Salamanders. A large part of this force is made up of gifts from @Dagoth Ur, who kitbashed and converted my Praetor in Terminator armour, my Firedrake Terminators, Vulkan himself (with helmet), a Forge Lord, and six Thallax constructs. Last but not least, a guilty pleasure of mine: some Ultramarines. Very happy with the blue, but haven't touched this in a hot minute. This will likely be a 1st Company focused force, with some auxiliary support units here and there. In the next update, I'm hoping to show some Ork progress. Thank you for reading this far and I'll be back soon with more. Disclaimer: The thread title is a direct reference to @Ninjon over on YouTube, who uses it as a sort of catchphrase. I really like both the channel and the phrase, as they encapsulate what I strive to achieve in my hobby endeavours. sitnam, Alby the Slayer, BadgersinHills and 4 others 1 6 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388333-slay-the-grey/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
kabaakaba Posted August 2 Share Posted August 2 This is what I call pile of shame opportunity. Good luck in you fight against grey. Firedrake Cordova 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388333-slay-the-grey/#findComment-6181472 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alby the Slayer Posted August 3 Share Posted August 3 This will be tough but doable. Just refrain as much as you can from buying too many new things. I know it's not that simple but that's why the grey tide claims so many of us... It hungers! Good luck Frater. Firedrake Cordova 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388333-slay-the-grey/#findComment-6181513 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Christopher Posted August 3 Share Posted August 3 Good luck! I like the progress you've made so far and hope that with some self-discipline everything will pan out. Genuinely, I can't wait to see more. The Necrons' colour scheme seems particularly nice - I like the green. BTW: your Ultramarines' photo doesn't display properly, at least on my device. Firedrake Cordova 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388333-slay-the-grey/#findComment-6181514 Share on other sites More sharing options...
BadgersinHills Posted August 3 Share Posted August 3 (edited) All the best! Having a sizeable pile of potential myself, will be following along for inspiration :) Edited August 3 by BadgersinHills Xin Ceithan and Firedrake Cordova 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388333-slay-the-grey/#findComment-6181523 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now