Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Hear da Lamentation said:

Wow - this seems to suck.

Are we really saying Wolf Guard Termies are the poor choice now?  I dont have the costs for new SM codex,

 

I've not done this before, but I'm all in on 10 temies + Arjac + Logan as my army anvil, so ...

 

10 WG Terminators with SS and Master Crafted (so 4W each)

1 Axe

2 PF and AC

Arjac

Logan

 

Vs

 

10 Terminators with ??? (What do you suggest equipment wise)

Arjac
Logan

(and would have to have ancient to get the -1 to W if S above T)?

 

What's the cost difference?

 

I was thinking of mixing and matching with WG termies (which might be a strength?)  

1 Axe, 2 PF + AC

7 SB + mcw

(to take advantage of Devastator Doctrine)

 

Or 

 

1 Axe, 2PF + AC

4 SB/mcw 3 SS

 

Or are the chain fists just blowing our WG out the water?

 

HDL

 

Regarding wolf Guard Terminators 

 

SB were buffed to S5 AP1

Assault cannon is S6 AP2 (no more dev)

 

shooting rapid fire SB is now worth considering instead of taking storm shield and melee weapon

 

12 hours ago, Madic said:

10 Tactical terminators with chainfists and cyclone missile launcher is 400p with an ancient 470 or 475 compared to 380 i think for 10 WGT but what logan does for that unit is insane. It will threaten anything, consistently one round c'tan, knights, even primarchs.

 

Is the recommendation all Chainfists? I was thinking 1 or 2 per 5.

5 hours ago, Karhedron said:

 

Is the recommendation all Chainfists? I was thinking 1 or 2 per 5.

 

The way I see it, if you want to be able to one-shot big things like a c'tan, knight or primarch you need all chainfists. It will leave you a bit vulnerable to elite infantry but logan can pick up the slack now. 4 missle shots and 48 5 -2 1 boltershots with reroll 1s and sustained (and lethal if you want to spend a CP) will soften most targets as well (~10 wounds on a c'tan with lethals or almost a full squad of 3 new custodian guard). But these guys are meant to hunt big stuff. If you want to hunt elite infantry thunderhammers or lightning claws are the way to go. Remember however, this is just the math. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Edited by Madic
6 hours ago, Karhedron said:

 

Is the recommendation all Chainfists? I was thinking 1 or 2 per 5.

 

IMO you need to go all in to guarantee a dead vehicle/monster

 

There is no more oath for rerolls

 

Defensive abilities for -1 to be hit will be taken more often since they have value in a world with no oath

 

CF is A3 WS3 S12 AP2(3 bc terminator buff) D3 versus monsters/vehicles

 

you can run those numbers through math hammer apps

 

 

 

1 hour ago, TiguriusX said:

 

IMO you need to go all in to guarantee a dead vehicle/monster

 

There is no more oath for rerolls

 

Defensive abilities for -1 to be hit will be taken more often since they have value in a world with no oath

 

CF is A3 WS3 S12 AP2(3 bc terminator buff) D3 versus monsters/vehicles

 

you can run those numbers through math hammer apps

 

 

 

There is however a mini oath strat in SotGW, reroll 1 and 2s. It's the only one of its kind that I have seen in any of the detachments.

23 minutes ago, Madic said:

There is however a mini oath strat in SotGW, reroll 1 and 2s. It's the only one of its kind that I have seen in any of the detachments.

 

I believe the mini oath is for rerolling wounds.  Super powerful but doesnt apply to hit dice.

1 hour ago, TiguriusX said:

 

I believe the mini oath is for rerolling wounds.  Super powerful but doesnt apply to hit dice.

 

From the goonhammer review

 

  • Eye of the Pack (1 CP): Used on one of your INFANTRY units in the Fight phase when they’re picked to attack. They can re-roll hit rolls of 1 or 2 until the end of the phase. Baby Oaths for a CP in a re-roll light book? With access to Sustained 1? I’m here for it. 
31 minutes ago, Madic said:

I know that Michael Mann said reroll to wound on art of wars review but the name of the stratagem would make a lot more sense if it indeed is rerolls to hit.

eye of the pack was formerly +1 to wound

 

makes perfect sense to me if the reroll is wounds instead of hits

 

https://www.tabletopbattles.com/detachment-focus-saga-of-the-great-wolf

 

This preview has wounds

 

 

The joys of guessing leaked content correctly

 

Either way I am going 100% chain fists

 

SW Logan + Terminator brick is gonna be good times

 

 

 

11 minutes ago, TiguriusX said:

eye of the pack was formerly +1 to wound

 

makes perfect sense to me if the reroll is wounds instead of hits

 

https://www.tabletopbattles.com/detachment-focus-saga-of-the-great-wolf

 

This preview has wounds

 

 

The joys of guessing leaked content correctly

 

Either way I am going 100% chain fists

 

SW Logan + Terminator brick is gonna be good times

 

 

 

Ah they seem to have made an error initially, updated the tab, now it says reroll to wound. Pity reroll to hit would have really boosted the lightning claw termies.

22 hours ago, TiguriusX said:

eye of the pack was formerly +1 to wound

 

makes perfect sense to me if the reroll is wounds instead of hits

 

https://www.tabletopbattles.com/detachment-focus-saga-of-the-great-wolf

 

This preview has wounds

 

 

The joys of guessing leaked content correctly

 

Either way I am going 100% chain fists

 

SW Logan + Terminator brick is gonna be good times

 

 

 

I'm thinking the same.  The chainfists are just too good against the big stuff to ignore.  As Tigurius also said, the "lots of stormbolter" shots are also something not to be ignored.

 

I've spent a long time painting Arjac, so I'll be going

Logan

Arjac

10 Terminators 10cf, 8sb, 2 cml

 

Expensive - but gunna kick like a mule.

Obviously the big thing the opponent can do is try to ignore the unit and keep out of combat - but agressively stick in the middle of the board on an objective would seem a good idea....?

 

HDL

1 hour ago, Hear da Lamentation said:

 

Obviously the big thing the opponent can do is try to ignore the unit and keep out of combat - but agressively stick in the middle of the board on an objective would seem a good idea....?

 

 

 

IMO the absolute worst thing an opponent can do is ignore the terminator death star

 

If you don't get touched you use the Gunship Extraction strat (1CP) and put your terminators into reserves at the end of their fight phase

 

In your turn you bring them back down in ideal kill range...shoot target 1 and charge target 2 with anywhere from +1 to +3 on the charge depending on how you built your army

 

It is highly likely you get to delete 2 enemy units every turn with the terminator death star if your opponent tries to run away

 

Even if they manage to tag you so you can't uppy/downy there are good odds you tank it (remember there is a 2CP terminator strat for -1 damage)

Then you just fall back shoot and charge back in with your super Logan giving all doctrines all the time

 

I built my list hoping my opponent has to commit and wipe the terminators with a heavy investment of resources...which leaves the GHs free as the counter punch

10 GHs with 36 attacks at S6 AP3 D1 + sustain + lance is no joke to go after the biggest threat remaining on the table

I'm hoping after my opponent and I have exchanged haymakers and removed each others death stars that the GHs and their new stat lines can outlast the surviving stuff my opponent has

 

Then I sprinkle in my firestrikes with overwatch to pick off random infantry running around to prevent easy scoring

 

It did great in my first practice game

I have another one set up for this evening with a modified list

 

Spoiler

2000 Total
I always feel like someone is overwatching me
150 Logan  
400
10xTerminators (SB/CF + CML)
 
10 Furious Assault  
     
190 10xGHs  
20
Linebreaker Onslaught
 
190 10xGHs  
20
Linebreaker Onslaught
 
     
75
Phobos Captain or Librarian
 
20
Imperium's Sword
 
90 5xIncursors  
65 5xScouts  
20
Linebreaker Onslaught
 
     
130
Venerable Dread
 
     
160
2xFirestrike Servo Turrets with Autocannons
 
160
2xFirestrike Servo Turrets with Autocannons
 
160
2xFirestrike Servo Turrets with Autocannons
 
     
70 Rhino  
70 Rhino  
     
  Gauntlet Task Force Recon
  Terminator Priority Assets
  Assault Brethren Take and Hold
     
  Disposition Take and Hold

 

Edited by TiguriusX

Finished the test game against a guy with knights (his LVO list)


6 Firestrikes arrived from reserves on turn 2 and killed an untouched lancer (phobos librarian stripped cover and it was 2s to hit and 5s to wound twin linked...volume of fire and D3 every failed roll)


Terminators used uppy downy turn 1 to kill a destrier that pushed deep to my expansion objective...dropped it to 3 wounds and the nearby incursors finished it off with a haywire 
Turn 2 I used uppy downy again to relocate from an isolated corner to the middle of the battle...shot atrapos and charged atrapos + canis and killed both.  Incursors giving RR1 helps fish for a few more lethal/sustained hits

 

The GHs in rhinos were once again used as bait to set the trap.  Stage aggressively and force them to dig me out.  I then mop up whatever was thrown at me.

 

One GH squad lost 8/10 models.  Canis popped the transport open and Atrapos made 8" charge to slaughter the pack.  However...the survivors were still useful.  I used them to run down the auxiliaries like navigators and navy breachers while the other units took down the knights.

 

Best thing is I have most of this army IRL already.

 

Just need to add Firestrikes and I can bring this to actual events.

 

Logan and the terminator brick are so much fun!!!!!

Given the likely ability to proxy, I'm actually interested in getting back into WH40K as a force in 11th Ed.

 

I'm quite glad to hear the video here, SW's seem quite strong, just in a good way!

 

Here's a nod for doing things the right way, even if GW isn't learning what I want, they are at least learning, in general. Now if only we could get them to swap the Wolf with the Viking, and keep the Wolf Pelts as the Cult aspect, where it should be, not the front and center take on things! :biggrin:

FYI I read gauntlet task force rules wrong

 

The ignore overwatch item is an ENHANCEMENT not a unit upgrade

 

So slapping it on multiple GHs is illegal

 

I'm dropping gauntlet and adding tacticus attack force instead

 

It leaves me vulnerable to overwatch but significantly buffs the GHs in melee

 

 

Hey, so here's a question.

 

Is there some chance to know what the CS:SW's will end up saying as far as a LoganWing goes? I favor GH's, but, still hotta have some WGTDA models to be proper!

 

I'm curious how the new edition seems to play out, what with it being so no to me, at least. I'd have to ask questions, and most of the gamers at my local store I frequent the most tend to have a bit of an, 'Hey, we're gaming here,' kinda mindset... I think I'll take my questions to another store or on here, thanks!

6 hours ago, Karack Blackstone said:

 

Is there some chance to know what the CS:SW's will end up saying as far as a LoganWing goes? I favor GH's, but, still hotta have some WGTDA models to be proper!

 

 

From the leaked points you would get Logan, Arjac and 3x 10 WGTDA squads with storm shields for 1500 on the nose.

 

Art of War put out a unit ranking vid yesterday that gives each unit a rating and is more clear about points and clarifies a couple of things they missed or got wrong on the previous review. Think they missed the points for the Battle Leader in the first review and clarified he's now 80 pts.
 

 

Edited by Knightsword
typo

Updated Munitorum Field Manual is up.

 

  • TWC and WGTDA no longer pay extra for Storm Shields it seems.
  • Headtakers are 115 for a squad of 3, whereas Bladeguard are still 85. Both cost 170 for a squad of 6 which seems odd.
  • No faction pack for Space Wolves, just updated Legends.

I think it's got to be a typo. All the influencer reviews say it's 115 for 3 Headtakers and 3 Wolves, and whilst I could see one of them making a mistake in reporting it, all of them reporting the same mistake is another thing entirely.

It has to be a typo. A full squad of HT and pups is twice the cost of a 3-man HT pack for 4x the models? If you go with the standard point system, it makes the wolves essentially free since you should be paying 230pts for 6-man pack of HT without the pups.

On 9/26/2026 at 10:13 AM, TiguriusX said:

 

I believe the mini oath is for rerolling wounds.  Super powerful but doesnt apply to hit dice.

This is confirmed in the app. It’s wound roll rerolling 1 and 2. 
 

Edit: Wolf Scout combat knives are Str 4. We need to send an email. 

Edited by Wolf Guard Dan

Interesting benefit we have due to GHs and splitting in deployment

 

Hasn't been officially FAQed but it appears to be the correct interpretation of the rules and accepted by TOs

 

A unit that has an upgrade that applies to the UNIT and not just a MODEL keeps it after splitting

 

That means you can give GHs something like furious assault (assault brethren upgrade that gives them sustained hits in melee against non vehicle/monsters)

Deployment you split them

 

You now have 2x5 man GHs that each retain the furious assault benefit.  This level of lethality basically makes them the top dogs of MSU trading

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.