Moonstalker Posted Wednesday at 02:45 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 02:45 PM 5 minutes ago, TiguriusX said: Interesting benefit we have due to GHs and splitting in deployment Hasn't been officially FAQed but it appears to be the correct interpretation of the rules and accepted by TOs A unit that has an upgrade that applies to the UNIT and not just a MODEL keeps it after splitting That means you can give GHs something like furious assault (assault brethren upgrade that gives them sustained hits in melee against non vehicle/monsters) Deployment you split them You now have 2x5 man GHs that each retain the furious assault benefit. This level of lethality basically makes them the top dogs of MSU trading Yeah, I saw that earlier when I was considering Assault Brethren + SotGW. Some other points I'm noticing just thumbing through the app that I didn't see mentioned in the few reviews I read: 1. The Headtaker points, as mentioned above. Really strange. 2. Relic Great Axe in WGTDA is now basically a thunderhammer, bumped to S8. 3. No longer paying for shields in WGTDA. 4. Grey Hunter Carbines are triple-buffed; the expected S5 AP-1, but also gained assault and attacks went up from 2 to 3. With Rapid Fire 1, they now put out 4 shots at 12 inches. 5. Not that we have a ton of access to them anymore, but the Helfrost Cannon did not get the same switchup that Flamers did. It did go to a fixed number of attacks instead of D6, but it did not gain blast. Which means dreadnoughts with Helfrost Cannons (Bjorn, venerables) can fire them in melee. Which isn't much, but it's something. 6. WGBL does not gain transhuman strategist. 1 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189850 Share on other sites More sharing options...
TiguriusX Posted Wednesday at 03:07 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 03:07 PM 21 minutes ago, Moonstalker said: Yeah, I saw that earlier when I was considering Assault Brethren + SotGW. Some other points I'm noticing just thumbing through the app that I didn't see mentioned in the few reviews I read: 1. The Headtaker points, as mentioned above. Really strange. 2. Relic Great Axe in WGTDA is now basically a thunderhammer, bumped to S8. 3. No longer paying for shields in WGTDA. 4. Grey Hunter Carbines are triple-buffed; the expected S5 AP-1, but also gained assault and attacks went up from 2 to 3. With Rapid Fire 1, they now put out 4 shots at 12 inches. 5. Not that we have a ton of access to them anymore, but the Helfrost Cannon did not get the same switchup that Flamers did. It did go to a fixed number of attacks instead of D6, but it did not gain blast. Which means dreadnoughts with Helfrost Cannons (Bjorn, venerables) can fire them in melee. Which isn't much, but it's something. 6. WGBL does not gain transhuman strategist. Do you have a source for Assault on the GH carbines? That is new to me and makes my 2x10GH + rhino list much stronger if I can confirm it 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189853 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Moonstalker Posted Wednesday at 03:16 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 03:16 PM (edited) 11 minutes ago, TiguriusX said: Do you have a source for Assault on the GH carbines? That is new to me and makes my 2x10GH + rhino list much stronger if I can confirm it The app. Edited Wednesday at 03:19 PM by Moonstalker 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189856 Share on other sites More sharing options...
TiguriusX Posted Wednesday at 03:24 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 03:24 PM 4 minutes ago, Moonstalker said: The app. Gdamn...GHs are gonna be insane Mine have furious assault and access to lethals or sustain for shooting/melee via the tacticus attack force Adding carbines as free damage to a big target before charging is going to be amazing 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189859 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Wednesday at 06:49 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 06:49 PM GH's should be insane. What should be fair and for how many points is the question. My app does not yet show Assault and Rapid Fire 1, so, feedback over time will be an interesting discussion. US here. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189912 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Apokalypsi Posted Wednesday at 06:50 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 06:50 PM Another interesting thing someone pointed out on Reddit. HT quarry is for the entire unit now and if you give them a character with Wolf Touched, the hunting wolves have 12" move and the unit gets lethals from the detachment. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189913 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wolf Guard Dan Posted Wednesday at 07:10 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:10 PM 17 minutes ago, Apokalypsi said: Another interesting thing someone pointed out on Reddit. HT quarry is for the entire unit now and if you give them a character with Wolf Touched, the hunting wolves have 12" move and the unit gets lethals from the detachment. I suspect the Wolf Touched will get reworked. If it doesn’t just remember your Hunting Wolves won’t get +1OC from the character in that unit as he will have the Wulfen keyword. Karack you may just have to manually update your app. I’m in the US and had to manually update it. I love that grey hunters have been reworked. 5 many squads are going to do a lot of heavy lifting. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189919 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Wednesday at 07:13 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:13 PM (edited) How do I manually update? App updater in the App list? Edit: Manually updated, now if only I can run something other than 9 or 19 BC's... Or is that intended? How am I supposed to move that many BC's if Spartans aren't in the lists now? This app is useful, if annoying. Also, Intercessors don't have options to change out their bolt rifles for anything else? Edited Wednesday at 07:25 PM by Karack Blackstone Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189920 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wolf Guard Dan Posted Wednesday at 07:19 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:19 PM 2 minutes ago, Karack Blackstone said: How do I manually update? App updater in the App list? Depends on your phone. I have an iPhone I had to go into the App Store, search Warhammer 40000, click on it and then it gave me a button to “update”. In addendum the Wolf Touched enhancement will have a weird interaction with “Curse of the Wulfen” army rule. You could give your infantry unit +1 OC for being near a non Wulfen character or near a wolf priest (which maybe can be Wulfen himself) Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189923 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Apokalypsi Posted Wednesday at 07:53 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:53 PM 42 minutes ago, Wolf Guard Dan said: I suspect the Wolf Touched will get reworked. If it doesn’t just remember your Hunting Wolves won’t get +1OC from the character in that unit as he will have the Wulfen keyword. I expect that to get reworked too along with upgrades only being applicable to the combat squad it's in instead of the entire unit. Just too good to be true. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189933 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted Wednesday at 09:40 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 09:40 PM Just noticed a nice pairing of Jump Captain and Vanguard Veterans in SOTG. Come in from Deep Strike, Captain gives the squad +1" Charge. He also puts the squad into Assault Doctrine, just giving another +1" Charge thanks to the Saga. That is now only a 7" charge which is pretty easy, especially with a reroll. Heck, if you can land him near a Ven Dread, that is another +1" to Charge. I am trying to decide if this is worth investing in. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189954 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karack Blackstone Posted Wednesday at 10:20 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:20 PM How many Ven Dreads can you run? How repeatable and / or reliable is it? How often can you roll, even with rerolls, a seven or more, if you're shortening the distance by advancing 2" assuming both go off? Is that 3rd inch a game breaker if you don't make it? What are your breakpoints? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189955 Share on other sites More sharing options...
TiguriusX Posted Wednesday at 11:22 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 11:22 PM 1 hour ago, Karhedron said: Just noticed a nice pairing of Jump Captain and Vanguard Veterans in SOTG. Come in from Deep Strike, Captain gives the squad +1" Charge. He also puts the squad into Assault Doctrine, just giving another +1" Charge thanks to the Saga. That is now only a 7" charge which is pretty easy, especially with a reroll. Heck, if you can land him near a Ven Dread, that is another +1" to Charge. I am trying to decide if this is worth investing in. i dont think that works bc the Captain and Van vets lack space wolf keyword Only SW codex specific units have it (matters for logans early arrival too) I was just shown a wulfen trick though death totem language was changed so the "unit" rerolls not the model...so 1 death totem and 9 auto frag launchers should be standard setup 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189961 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Moonstalker Posted Wednesday at 11:40 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 11:40 PM 1 hour ago, Karhedron said: Just noticed a nice pairing of Jump Captain and Vanguard Veterans in SOTG. Come in from Deep Strike, Captain gives the squad +1" Charge. He also puts the squad into Assault Doctrine, just giving another +1" Charge thanks to the Saga. That is now only a 7" charge which is pretty easy, especially with a reroll. Heck, if you can land him near a Ven Dread, that is another +1" to Charge. I am trying to decide if this is worth investing in. It may have been covered earlier in the thread, but there is a similar combo with terminators. Saga of the Great Wolf + the terminator detachment. +1 charge while in assault doctrine, +1 charge for terminators, +1 charge from a venerable dreadnought. Two squads of terminators, one with Logan, one with a terminator captain with the enhancement that allows him to come in a turn early. The terminator captain grants reroll charges. Advance the dreadnought, deep strike within range of it. 20 terminators +2 characters in your opponent's deployment zone on turn 1 with 6 inch rerolling charges. Something like a 92% success rate on those charges. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189963 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Madic Posted Wednesday at 11:58 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 11:58 PM 8 hours ago, TiguriusX said: Gdamn...GHs are gonna be insane Mine have furious assault and access to lethals or sustain for shooting/melee via the tacticus attack force Adding carbines as free damage to a big target before charging is going to be amazing Consider Tacticus Firestorm Force 4 Shots with the boltcarbines att full range always and you still get the lethals or sustained strat. With Furious assault upgrade Grey Hunters are starting to give 5th edition wibes where they just did everything. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6189965 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Apokalypsi Posted yesterday at 12:03 PM Share Posted yesterday at 12:03 PM 13 hours ago, Karack Blackstone said: How many Ven Dreads can you run? How repeatable and / or reliable is it? How often can you roll, even with rerolls, a seven or more, if you're shortening the distance by advancing 2" assuming both go off? Is that 3rd inch a game breaker if you don't make it? What are your breakpoints? You can have max 3 of any unit, 6 of any Battleline. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6190023 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wolf Guard Dan Posted 20 hours ago Share Posted 20 hours ago 20 hours ago, Madic said: Consider Tacticus Firestorm Force 4 Shots with the boltcarbines att full range always and you still get the lethals or sustained strat. With Furious assault upgrade Grey Hunters are starting to give 5th edition wibes where they just did everything. Can you imagine 12 (split from 6) five-man grey hunters running around? I’m not sure it would be good. But I want to try it. lol Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6190101 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Apokalypsi Posted 19 hours ago Share Posted 19 hours ago It may actually be good just because of the sheer numbers your opponent would have to get through or the points they'd have to dedicate to take objectives from you. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6190105 Share on other sites More sharing options...
DanPesci Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago 11 hours ago, Wolf Guard Dan said: Can you imagine 12 (split from 6) five-man grey hunters running around? I’m not sure it would be good. But I want to try it. lol Im running at least 30 if not 40 this weekend in my first game of SW this edition (3 with furious upgrade, and in rhinos). It may not be a good idea 'competitively' to have quite that many, but theyve been sat on the shelf the last 2-3 years since I upscaled my whole army a few years back (before we go the new kits). Very happy to have them back and feel like they arent an instant handicap. On 9/30/2026 at 4:24 PM, TiguriusX said: Gdamn...GHs are gonna be insane Mine have furious assault and access to lethals or sustain for shooting/melee via the tacticus attack force Adding carbines as free damage to a big target before charging is going to be amazing Yeah i hadnt noticed they'd been given assault (or kept rapid fire - I thought theyd just gone to a flat 3 shots). This is ...quite good! The other combo ill be trying out is 6x Bladeguard Vets Wolf Guard Battle leader - Skalds fortelling, Thunder HAmmer Bladeguard Ancient - Imperiums Sword AFAICT, against a unit on an objective, in combat thats gonna be 30 x S5 AP2 D2 6 x S8 AP2 D3, Dev 7 x S7 ap3 D3 ...Hitting on 2s with sustained, reroll 1s, lance - and can give them precision for 1CP With the rhino theyre gonna be in its nearly 450pts, so probably absolutely overkill. But it should blend anything it touches lol. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6190147 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jorin Helm-splitter Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago I'm pretty excited to see how all these changes play out. I really wanted grey hunters to drop to min squads of 5, but I'll take combat squads on them. For my first couple of games I think I'm going to try to avoid taking termies. I just want to look for other answers for them, because I think they're going to be very popular for marines in general. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6190172 Share on other sites More sharing options...
TiguriusX Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago Had another scrimmage and I LOVE my new GHs with assault brethren + tacticus attack detachments New GHs are absolute beatsticks...in my go turn I popped assault doctrine and hopped out of my rhinos with +1 advance (ven dread) and free reroll to advance rolls (tacticus attack) I got good advance rolls (4 and 5) and was able to fire all the carbines as I ran by other units (stealth buff giving them assault is huge) I wiped out 1 squad of shining spears with carbines no buffs needed as a free driveby while charging towards avatar GHs charged in and put 12/14 wounds onto avatar using lethal hits stratagem (tacticus attack) My other GH was initially planning on jumping onto the avatar but rolled a 10 on the charge and couldn't resist hitting a squad of harlies top right on the expansion objective instead...wiped 10/11 harlies using chainswords and sustain from furious assault upgrade (assault brethren) They have battleline costs but provide elite infantry results with proper buffs The squad that killed the harlies covered 22+ inches!!! 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388550-space-wolf-supplement-and-points-leaked/page/3/#findComment-6190191 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now