de Selby Posted 18 hours ago Share Posted 18 hours ago 3 hours ago, Joe said: It was entertaining - and very much in keeping with the humour of the home nation. I wouldn't be averse to seeing more of these little animations, particularly if they started parodying some of our better known fixtures; Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Peep Show, etc. To me it seemed like a 40k entry from The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. 40k had a similar sense of humour once upon a time. 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190271 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kallas Posted 16 hours ago Share Posted 16 hours ago It was fun and funny. Legit got a couple of good chuckles out of it. Completely original? Necessary? Not really, but it was still fun enough. 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190276 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MoriyaSchism Posted 16 hours ago Share Posted 16 hours ago I forgot to note one more positive thing about this. The classic angry vox grille style slowly replacing the Primaris crab face as the face of the average Space Marine. 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190277 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marshal Rohr Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago 4 hours ago, Doghouse said: Little harsh there, no one is upset, Art is subjective. If people do not like or they love it it's up to them. I think most things here have been said in good humour. We’ve riled up the puriteens, Doghouse! Run before they start tweeting clapping emojis! 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190279 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adeptekon Posted 14 hours ago Share Posted 14 hours ago Fun for all ages! chainswords not included. What saved this for me was Richard Reed. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190280 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mazer Rackham Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago 7 hours ago, Adeptekon said: What saved this for me was Richard Reed. Is that the guy from the Fantastic Four? 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190297 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zoatibix Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago (edited) I absolutely loved this! For folks complaining that it isn’t 40K I would argue that the ‘Marines being humanity’s finest super soldiers; these are the many, many horrific ways they regularly die’ is more in line with the OG version of the fluff than we get today. But yes, I loved that. Please can we have some for other races, GW. GSC could be particularly good. Edited 4 hours ago by Zoatibix 1 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190309 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doghouse Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago 17 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said: A cartoon! Oh the humanity! It was a joke hence the laughing emoji. Most people know that I rarely take anything seriously. I've been trying to ween myself of plastic crack for forty years, it's not going to miraculously happen overnight just because I don't like a cartoon. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190311 Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZeroWolf Posted 4 hours ago Share Posted 4 hours ago Finally watched this. I absolutely loved it, and the humour was up my alley. I'd welcome more like this for the other factions. Imagine a Attenborough style documentary about the various ork clans. One about the Tyranid organisms would also work. Tau need a funny propaganda toon 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190314 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Northern Walker Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Not for me. I'd rather GW spent resource on proper hobby stuff, and not waffle done better and funnier by other people. 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190319 Share on other sites More sharing options...
irlLordy Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago I watched it with my son (11), he loved it. I think people forget sometimes that not every bit of content GW releases is intended for them specifically, its a big tent approach, theres room for this and Astartes 2 say to co exist. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190327 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adeptekon Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 6 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said: Is that the guy from the Fantastic Four? Should be this guy https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6587845/ Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190330 Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZeroWolf Posted 59 minutes ago Share Posted 59 minutes ago 2 hours ago, Northern Walker said: Not for me. I'd rather GW spent resource on proper hobby stuff, and not waffle done better and funnier by other people. To be fair to GW, this probably came from their marketing department, so came from their budget, completely seperate to the design studios. So this existing doesn't harm GW's other stuff really. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388621-40000-ways-to-die-animation/page/2/#findComment-6190333 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now