Fluff Competition

goggen

OK, no-one has it yet, so here is another hint.

It has also been referred to as Bomb Serum, Marsgrech and Screaming death, and are instantly recognisable by the whining noise they make in flight.

I don't know if that has helped, or simply made it more confusing. ;)

It is Shrieker Shuriken Cannon. :rolleyes:

Carried by Harlequin Death Jesters. The Shuriken disk that contains lethal toxins, has holes in it, which causes the shieking noise, when the weapon is fired.

Correct. :)

Taken from the Harlequin article in White Dwarf 105.

Zhivago, it is your question. :)

Who/what are Dante, Mephisto, and Tycho, and what did they do to earn immortal fame? (in real world I do mean)

I know this not real fulff question, but I think this is in spirit of the rules, if not in letter.

I also PM:ed correct answers to Aurelius Rex.

Also, using google for this is cheating, if you don't know, wait and be suprised. :rolleyes:

Hint: Mephiston is not real person, as per definition... :) One famous german invented him.

Mephisto is a shoeshop :rolleyes:

and also one of the three first robots ever made?

I vaguely remember something i said in history classes when we talked about the european industrial revolution...first machine/robot? something like that.

The second one was called 'the turk' .don't know the third one anymore :s

Tycho and dante are already been answered correct

dante:writer and tycho:astronomer

Mephisto is a shoeshop
No google! :rolleyes:

Tycho and dante are already been answered correct

Yup, both are correct. Well Mephiston might be robot, but I think GW did not think of robot while naming mephisto, but some one else...

hint: Goethe

Mephisto was the devil's helper or a form the devil took in Goethe's 'Faust'. Man dressed in black clothes (with a limp IIRC?).

Tycho Brahe was a danish astronomer, among other things (btw. he had a golden nose-implant after losing his original one in a duel or something, just like captain Tycho had a golden mask).

Dante was the italian bloke who wrote the 'Divine comedy' (not sure if the english name is right).

+++EDIT+++

Well damn, brother Vidius got it before me.

uhm, there is a shoeshop right around the corner which sells shoes from "mephisto".......

no false offences either !

Ah, my apologies, it is justwhat first pops out of google.

Mephisto-The devil

Yup.

Dante Allighieri (probably spelled that wrong) wrote The Divine Comedy and I believe Tycho Brahe was an astronomer who helped develop the theory of a heliocentric universe.

And yup.

Brother Vidius to go!

Who said this

"We are at war with forces too terrible to comprehend.We cannot afford mercy for any of it's victims too weak to take the morally correct course.Mercy destroys us,it weakens us and saps our resolve.Put aside all such thoughts.They are not worthy of Inquisitors in the service of Our Emperor.Praise his name for in our resolve we only reflect his purpose of will."

I'll give you a hint it's an Inquisitor

Archived