Fluff Competition

goggen

Holy Emperor, deliver us from the Darkness of the Void, guide my weapon in Your service
Litany of Smiting, to be recited before firing a projectile weapon, and repeated until the missile finds its target.

Spirits in the Machine,

Reward my faith

And smash the target.

Prayer of Smiting, to be used as an alternative to the Litany of Smiting.

Both from the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer.

However, Arcanis has not confirmed the accuracy of SalPyro's answer, so technically we're still on Arcanis' question...

However, Arcanis has not confirmed the accuracy of SalPyro's answer, so technically we're still on Arcanis' question...

US WD 282, page 51, upper right hand corner. I wouldn't have posted the next question if I wan't sure the answer was correct. Your's are close, but not complete. I'm looking for the AM rite for firing, from a much older source. It specifically says what to do with a missile. ;)

Hint 1: It's the Adeptus Mechanus Rite of Firing for a Missile Launcher, as taught to the Techmarines during their training on Mars.

Hint 2: It's in the book that covers such esoteric fluff as imperial jetcycles, robots and the Mentor Legion.

Hint 1: It's the Adeptus Mechanus Rite of Firing for a Missile Launcher, as taught to the Techmarines during their training on Mars.

Hint 2: It's in the book that covers such esoteric fluff as imperial jetcycles, robots and the Mentor Legion.

Is it in the Rogue Trader books then?

'With the blood of an enemy shall the marks be made upon the missile. Then bless the missile and present unto the mounting. Say the prayers of firing and curse the target. Do this rapidly lest the wrath of the weapon be wasted. Point the eye of the weapon so that it may see the object of its wrath. When the weapon has cursed and eaten the soul of the victim, then shall you take up the next missile...'

Firing rite' (old recension)

From the 'Codex Imperialis' article in White Dwarf 105. :P

Archived