Fluff Competition

goggen

Logan Grimnar

Sternhammer

Typhus

Artemis

Uriel Ventris

Brother-Captain Stern

This is a hard question, I'm struggling to think of characters released within the last five years. All of the Dark Angels characters are way older than that. In fact, most of the characters I can think of appeared in 2nd ed so they are waaay too old.

Ahh, re-read "space marine" character. Sorry. Actually though, Old One Eye was a 2000AD character and is a 40k character. Just not a marine. Now i will ponder the real answer.

It's Ulrik.

Ahh...

I was in an awful rush so I just asked the first question that came into my head. Unfortunately, halfway through the meeting I've been stuck in for the last couple of hours I realized that there have been at least two Sgt Haakon/Haarkon in official fluff. You are probably correct if you are thinking of the one in the Ragnar Blackmane books, I can't remember if that is correct. I was thinking of the one that appeared in Inferno. He was killed by a genestealer during a boarding action against a tyranid bio-ship.

If someone else can confirm Chaplain Mortis' answer then I hand over to him. If he is wrong then I suggest we scrap this question as not specific enough and I'll ask another.

Are you talking about the old Haakon from the old Space Wolves codex? Wasn't he killed (cut into 3 pieces ) by a Carnifex right before Ragnar Blackmane tossed a krak grenade into the Carnifex's mouth to kill it? Njal Stormcaller is in the story, and he goes tarrying off into the brush (they had drop-podded onto a planet, not tried to board a hive-ship) after the last remaining Tyranid Warrior (to destroy the Synapse area), and Ragnar is thinking ":cuss? Where's he going when there are enemies around?"

Or do I have the wrong character? :)

Wow! It must get confusing when the veterans sit around reminiscing in the Fang!

We now have at least three official Sergeant Haakons!

The one I had in mind was a veteran sergeant leading a Space Wolf scout squad (in the days when Wolf Scouts were new recruits) in an action to board a tyranid bio-ship to determine its capabilities. Three of the five died, including sergeant Haakon who was killed by a genestealer that dropped from the ceiling. This was described in Inferno! magazine - I'll get you the exact issue and page number tonight.

Then there are the two alternative answers given above!

well inquisitor kravin that was very decent of you cheers :tu:

so on to the question :)

ok what were the names of the space marines that formed a deathwatch kill team that were sent to help inquisitor mestan on the planet pavia???

and for a bonus (of nothing) what chapters were they from?

ok what were the names of the space marines that formed a deathwatch kill team that were sent to help inquisitor mestan on the planet pavia???

and for a bonus (of nothing) what chapters were they from?

Sgt. Jerron, Ultramarines

Kulac, Space Wolves

Techmarine Keilor, Doom Eagles

Scullion, Novamarines

Venters, Salamanders

The Dark Angel Who Will Not Speak His Name

I waited so long to answer this because I had no idea what to ask. . . At least I'll now have a bit more time to think of a question until Mortis says I got it right.

Archived