Fluff Competition

goggen

Ok, lets see if I can get people thinking...

Complete the quote, and identify whom it is attributed to:

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them, and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be...

Remember, you need both the complete quote, and its author to get this one right.

bright stars in the firmament of battle. Angels of death whose shining wings bring swift ahniallation to the enemies of man. so it shall be a thousand times a thousand years unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh.

the emperor

untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies, and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear!

The Big Kahuna Himself - the Emperor of Mankind

The BBB was right next to me and that quote rung a bell. I ploughed through the fluff section at the end thinking it was there but then I remembered the first few pages and found it there.

It's one of my favorite quotes... :(

Sorry! ;)

As for the 10 minutes thing.... I type fast.

Since we seem to be in a quotation mood, why don't you try this one for good measure...

Here's the Quote:

"Last one to die's an Eldar!"

To succesfuly answer this question, I will need to know:

Who said that and where did he say it?

Just out of curiousity, tell me where you found the quote as well.

A hint? Right! Why didn't I think of that! ;)

Uhhhh, ok... a hint... uhhhh.... it's kinda hard to give a hint without completely giving it away.

Ok. You'll find it in a US White Dwarf article on fast attack. I have a pretty extensive collection of WD so this might go way back to 2nd ed... or not. :P

If I have no correct answer in 4 hours, I'll find something else.

Well, Captain Idaho is the closest to the mark.

Those were the last words of Space Wolves sergeant Cynewulf at the assault on Pons Stanforda.

You can find it in US White Dwarf 231 on p. 52 in the article titled Chaarge! by Ian Compton.

Well, Captain Idaho, I'll let this one go to you.

Archived