angron - wip

red

here is my latest piece from my 30k the great crusade primarchs project.

angron...very much a wip.

the arms will be golden...dont really have a plan for the weapons as of yet. but i never really have a plan for anything...i just let it put it self together. =) his stand is almost complete...its turning out very cool. also you can't really tell from the photo but he's about 1/2 inch taller than a normal marine model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bloodeuphoria/angron_wep.jpg

be well.

paul

:lol: wow looking cool, I love the head and the axe but also the entire armor it's very well sculpted (I think that this is sculpted green stuff isn't it?) what is the weapon? a storm bolter? and is head is connected with a flame holster on his back? I wait to see it fully painted from all angle but now I can already say that this model it's :huh: cool! :o

What I am concerned on is why does his Halberd arm look tiny compared to his huge body?
oh it probably is a little bit. i always go with a john blanche kind of feel and much of his work is ill proportionate.

maybe the axe head in the old world eaters scheme or like a swirly gold pattern?
definitely something i have thought of!!

I love the head and the axe but also the entire armor it's very well sculpted (I think that this is sculpted green stuff isn't it?) & Where is the body from?
the body is the butcher from the war machine line. i just get inspiration from any company. even if it means never entering a piece in GD.

thanks for all the kind words! i'll be sure to show you all the finished version. but i work slow..dont hold your breath...LOL

be well.

paul

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bloodeuphoria/angron_wip.jpg

here he is without paint...as requested

Outstanding work! ;) Just wondering, does he represent pre- or during-rebellion Angron? Excellent stuff, in anycase! ;)

I think he used two axes from Khârn (the betrayer :D ) and then a few assorted bitz.

On a personal basis I think he is a wittle bit static though that doesn't make the conversion work any less impressive.

;)

i think you'll find its pre heresy - with the aquila on the head of the axe/halberd n all...

though that might just be me being a smart arse.

FANTASTIC conversion tho red/paul, very impressed. theres nowt wrong with a bit of thinking outside the GW box - i used some of the starship trooper modelsd for my inq stormies. they look bob on - though they are a little bit tall...

cheers,

Lee

Impressive conversion but the pose could have been a little bit more dynamic... I think...

I think that isn't a bad thing, it's a primarch standing in all his glory, ok it isn't in a dynamic pose but a lot of the golden demon entry just "stand" to be show ^__^

:D for me angron is thinking "eheheh after the photographer have take his pic I'll cut his head in half"

thanks!!!!

i'm glad you all like him.

once you see the base for him you'll understand the pose for sure.

none of my primarchs here in have really had a very dramatic pose...say maybe sanguinius.

but in my mind none of the primarchs are as flamboyant and dramatic as he.

i cant even remember where i got the axes to make the staff. i think they were chaos termies chain-axes?

the gun is a psy-cannon w/ the barrel taken off and replaced with a plasma cannon. i like giving my primarchs some ball bashing weapons..hehe.

and yes he is pre-heresy as are all my primarchs.

my next is....dum dum daaah...the emperor. he's finished (conversion/sculpting) once i finish angron he's next to be started. i'll post some wips of him soon...but be warned...he's not the carbon copy of the same old adrian smith horus heresy vol: 1, 2, 3 art. some elements..but very much me. =)

be well.

paul

Archived