I Missed it!

Nicorex

I have been posting all week, more and more pics, yet I kept overlooking a simple fact.

My Whilwind. Since it had no upgrades at all I built it straight from the box and set it aside. Now this dosent hash with my plan of converting every single model on the feild.

Just look at it... Im disgusted! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0532.jpg

I had to Do something and this is what I decided to do. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0533.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0534.jpg

Simple, effective and still stands out on the table.

Off Topic.. Man you never know what you can find in your Bitz Box till you start poking around!

:P

Wow, very impressive. How'd you do it? Or by telling me would that be giving away too much? I also took the liberty to check out your photobucket. WOW. How often do you convert models in a day? And how much do you spend on buying all these bits?

Those are curious objects flying out of those missile launchers.

They dont look like missiles at all. They look like marital aids.

HAHAHAHA! Now that you mention it they Do!

Maim, It is all one big bit, Its part of a 8 inch IronMan/Warmachine Toy, I bought like 2 years ago.

It had tins of extra bits on it, and i said cool I will save those for something. Now is the time that something came up. Well with the army I am building now I build and convert everyday, I need to get the entire thing built by Wensday. We are Stareting a GT/Campain at a local GW Store. The manager said it was cool that they were not yet painted due to being under construction( but I will still take the comp hit points wise).

Cost of this Project is totaly undeterinable. Some of it is new, some has been sitting in my house for a long time waiting on a project to do and some has been sitting in my bits box for more years than you can imagine.

:)

I should have made it Fully Loaded, But 3 round burst is much more effective.

hehehe

Then what good are you?

:)

My apologies. They're complete rubbish, the whole lot; break them down and try again. How dare you sully the PC&A with such dross.

There, that make you feel better? :rolleyes:

Then what good are you?

:P

My apologies. They're complete rubbish, the whole lot; break them down and try again. How dare you sully the PC&A with such dross.

There, that make you feel better? :rolleyes:

Yeah a little.. It would have been better if you have added a drooling smiley though .. hahahaha

Not yet, mate, not yet. You'll have to drag something really special outta the hat to deserve that one.

Hey, how about the Spartan Mk 2 you mentioned in Aedes????

Gotcha! :rolleyes:

Do you want to know how sick I realy am, after that bit about the spartan, I pulled out a Chaos LR I had sitting in a box and blue taced it together then put a WIP pred on top to see how I could make it work.

I know exactly how I am going to make it now. I had to force myself from starting to glue some bits together. I still have to finish a speeder and make 22 more guys for the army im already working on. let alown start a MAJOR (and by MAJOR I mean MAJOR! ) new project. Hell I need to bits 4 Sprues of stuff. and resupply on plasticard, and glue, and this and that...

OMG I AM GOING INSANE!

Okay im better now. I think the Spartan will be my project after I finish this army.

I don't like it. =\ Kinda looks lame. The missiles aren't going out straight, which they would do that close to the barrel.

Artimis

Im sorry you dont like it AV. I thought it gave a great sense of a barrage blast heading out. Since the blast scatters and the Idea of the whirlwind is based off old(mabye even more modern) multiple rocket launchers that shoot waves of rockets in a ripple fire effect added more to this. mabye you will like it better once I get it painted.

You're right; it's a nice, simple conversion that sticks out well on the table. I like the way the missiles are positioned, because they show a large amount of motion. It's not as in-depth as your other conversions, but I imagine that vehicles are a lot more difficult to work with to that degree since you can't really position limbs or anything.

I think it'll look good beside the rest of your army.

I don't like it. =\ Kinda looks lame. The missiles aren't going out straight, which they would do that close to the barrel.

Artimis

Since the blast scatters and the Idea of the whirlwind is based off old(mabye even more modern) multiple rocket launchers that shoot waves of rockets in a ripple fire effect added more to this. mabye you will like it better once I get it painted.

Modern MLRS rockets leave the launcher in a straight line as well.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/Seato/MLRS_salvo_edited.jpg

It's a nice idea, but I agree with AV; straighten out the trajectory. It'd look pretty impressive when you turn the turret to face an enemy unit directly (so long as you don't scatter). :P

Transport should be easy, the lauch assembly is not glued down.(i am going to look ino a couple of magnets just to hold it in place.)

The only reason I did not make a sophisticated custom job on this was due to forgeting that I needed it, and since i must have the army built by wensday, I went with the fastest(but still cool looking IMO) and easyest job. Well that and when I wrote the Army I added no upgraded to it at all and didnt think of making any customizations at the time.

I would attempt to straighten it out, but i would need a heat gun or a very powerful hair drier to try that. but the chance oof damaging it in to un usability it great, so I dont want to risk it.

I guess i was picturing the old WWII rocket trucks that launched 20 or 30 rockets in a ripple effect. Im sure they probably fired pretty straight also, but I can only picture them from movies and what not.

I appreciate your comments. I look at it and it conveys all the right things to me. So I will be keeping it as it is.

to know how sick I realy am, after that bit about the spartan, I pulled out a Chaos LR I had sitting in a box and blue taced it together then put a WIP pred on top to see how I could make it work.

I know exactly how I am going to make it now. I had to force myself from starting to glue some bits together. I still have to finish a speeder and make 22 more guys for the army im already working on. let alown start a MAJOR (and by MAJOR I mean MAJOR! ) new project. Hell I need to bits 4 Sprues of stuff. and resupply on plasticard, and glue, and this and that...

OMG I AM GOING INSANE!

Noooooooo, what have I done? <_<

to know how sick I realy am, after that bit about the spartan, I pulled out a Chaos LR I had sitting in a box and blue taced it together then put a WIP pred on top to see how I could make it work.

OMG I AM GOING INSANE!

Noooooooo, what have I done? <_<

LOL! you will love it.. Its going to be huge, not Greydeath "Im so massive I have moons orbiting me huge", more 40k scale huge. :blink:

allright - that really looks great!

To those of you who mentioned real life missile launchers and MLRS - you're right - but I still think this looks cool!

(Perhaps because I view this more cartoony, than other people perhaps would)

My point is; If you take a look at most anime shows for example - Missiles outburst into all directions, but they're still locked onto their target. And that really gives it a more "sophisticated" feel -which I believe to be much more cool than straight trajectories..

Archived