SoB test pattern

Morfesto

gallery_19618_662_31824.jpg

Ok this is the first GW model I paint and I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I am testing the paint scheme that I am going to use on my SoB.

Base coat white , blue ink'ing for the joints and details, white paint and on the SoB Red robes.

Silver and gold trim for the chest and symbles.

Any advice?

:edit:

Updated pic

looks good so far... I'm having a hard time picturing it on a SOB though, they have so many extra items modeled on them

it might need something else, metalic boots/greaves maybe or a different color knee pads

I don't like the copper\gold colored bolter casing. Just my two-cents worth. Also, since you are doing red shoulder pads, you may want to think about repeating this somewhere lower on the model - the knee pads being the prime candidate.

The white armor with the blue shading looks cool.

Hope this helps.

Fortunately enough, Im pretty mind fixed on the Battle Sister models, and I can see such a scheme working very well. Simple, effective and looks very nice :lol:

Vallejo is a range of paints (much like Citadel for GW). Alot of pros for the Vallejo range (more paint, better pigment, better bottle etc etc). Several ranges around, most common are the Game range and Model range. The Game colors are very close to being Citadel colors (with a few minor differences here and there in terms of pigment color) where as the Model range is for the more die hard painters as the range is huge.

Try grabbing a few Sister models (the battle sisters squad is always the best place to start) and try the scheme on that, or you could TRY and digitally paint a model (via paintshop or photoshop) using an actual pic of a SoB mini to give you a better clue.

If it makes you feel any better, you did exactly the same thing I did when it came to testing schemes :)

Archived