MDF drop pods

just got back from chatting with 2 store managers.

the general consensus at the moment seems to be:

1. alright to use in store/friendly games

2. alright to use in store tourneys until a GW equivalent (non-FW) is availible.

3. not allowed in big tourneys.

they arnt 100% sure if this is the policy, but thats their view on it.

If they allow these they know they'd be in for hurt from people competing with their own models.

which you would normally think would make them consider making their own models, but i guess they don't really get that much use eh.

oh well

• 2 months later...

i have four of the POD bunkers and a number of the buildings from these guys and i have found the quality to be fantastic. i am ordering some more buildings shortly, but after reading this thread i may change that order to the troop landers instead :)

thanks for the pics

• 5 years later...
Threadromancy??

Indeed. The post wasn't exactly necessary nor informative. Threadomancy was called. I say it was a good call. Although, congratulations, this one is the longest one I've seen for a while. :D

No hard feelings, brother, just... try not to do it. ;)

Basically, as mentioned already, posting a comment in a particularly old thread that's neither necessary nor informative, then you've committed threadomancy. This post from six years ago might help elucidate you:

...once a thread has hit a certain 'age' there is very little point in posting into the thread since its become inactive. Although if the initial poster of the thread posts in one as a means of an update, thats ok, but general posts entered into old threads is far from necessary.

Generally speaking, a "certain age" tends to be measured in a few months and upwards, iirc.

Threadomancy is generally frowned upon as it brings a thread back from the dead (necromancy of a thread = threadomancy) for no real reason and takes up space on the front page of a subforum that could be better served with actual active topics. Like I've said, it's not a cardinal sin but try not to do it, if for no other reason than to avoid calls of threadomancy. It's a relatively informal thing, so there's little reason to fret, brother, so long as it's not a repetitive habit. :D

Threadomancy is generally described as "reviving" a thread that has been dormant for an extended period of time. In particular, replying with something like "Oh cool", doesn't truly add to the content of the thread and merely floats it back to the top.

Since it appears that you may not have been aware of the practice, I think the mods are looking at this as "no harm, no foul". However, in general, reviving old threads for no apparent reason (e.g. replying "cool dread") is generaly discouraged unless there is a specific reason.

I think you're fine.

Cheers,

Now that this topic is back, has anyone else bothered to check out the site? I did. The have some pretty awesome terrain available, both Fantasy and 40k, as well as tutorials for how they've painted all their stuff, its quite a nifty place and I'll be ordering some stuff this week.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived