Aeternus Custodis -> Sons of Medusa BloG

It's indeed a high elf helmet ... from the classic spearman (the one with his spear pointing to the front)

First i planned to cut the helmet off and put it on a marine torso, but the high elf helmet was to small ... the gs made the helmet more in line with a marine body

His face was cut off (to make a flat surface for the gs) and finished with some gs

Chainsword hilt for the eagle head, top of the captain's banner pole for the wings and fantasy chaos warrior for the actual face.

Did i get it right? Its a clever assembly of parts, looks great. I like the gold aswell.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

gold:

1> basecoat black

2> shining gold + some brown ink

3> shining gold + some water

4> shining gold + burnished gold

5> burnished gold + some water

6> brown ink + a lot of water

7> lining (brown ink + black ink + bestial brown + chaos black

8> highlight (burnished gold + silver + water)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

just finished the dreadnought and i will put him up very soon...

a few weeks ago the GW store had his/her birthday ... 10 years and because of that they had some activities ... one of them was a painting competition. I won with my terminators and i was very happy with that. first prize was the special edition painting set from GW.

This is the HQ Rhino and i hope you enjoy it....

Looks really nice. The red seems somewhat splotchy though. I don't have much advice on how to fix that on such a large surface though. Other than more coats x.x...

I haven't seen this army before today and have to say, it's really a heck of a project. Some really awesome models throughout.

Wow stunning word, guess I will be stripping my marines again and redoing them! Must say yours and a lot of the others works here are simply amazing and inspirational to say the least. Certainly raises the bar for me to put out a better product on my end -> bit swapper will be my new title!

Great work you!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

Last time i promised to show the finished dreadnought ... At this moment he is displayed in a store because it won a local painting contest :rolleyes: so next time i will make the pictures ... i promise....

At this moment i am working on a single model for the next contest. It's going to be my captain because i am not satisfied with the captain i made a few months ago (see post above/under/...)

here is the wip captain i still have to give him a cape and maybe more?... i have to finish him before the 1st of december....

enjoy it ... and i am open for comment

Archived