Aeternus Custodis -> Sons of Medusa BloG

• 3 months later...

hi all,

finally made some more pictures of the custodis army for showing and comment. I also worked on my website and slowly the gallery is getting full

here are some pics .... to see more .... check my site

gr... from me

That captain model is absolutely stunning. What bit did you use for the base of the helmet? I don't recognize it, it looks like it is something from the High Elf range, maybe?

Fantastic dread, by the way. The blacklining looks rather thick around his crotch and leg plates. It might just be the ink, though.

Alpha

• 2 months later...

the making of nice helmets

before and after ->

a bit of greenstuf tofinish it ->

pointy ones

cut of the front of a space marine helmet and put some plasticard on it to make a knightly helmet

and you can do the same with termie helmets

• 1 month later...

this morning i woke up and ...it was time for an update :)

a librarian i am working on

and a predator conversion (fun with plasticard)

and a sneak peek on some plasti experiment for the landraider

i am trying to get things finished before september 2008, because i want to visit the dutch gt (end of sept/oct)

still to do: landraider and 10 marines for a whooping 1700 points of golden boys and not to forget: objectives + booklet with wip's and armylist

picture to place on B&C: finished pred/finished captain

Absolutely fantastic army! The GS work you can do is fantastic, as well as the use of plasti card for the collars and for the conversions on the tanks and the symbol for the Land Raider. :)

looking truly amazing..!

in your paint guide for gold ,a few questions

1> basecoat black

2> shining gold + some brown ink------- mix together o r apply the ink over the gold layer

3> shining gold + some water--- dont you always water your paints down a bit?

4> shining gold + burnished gold ---- 50 /50 mix?

5> burnished gold + some water-- is this a very thin layer?

6> brown ink + a lot of water

7> lining (brown ink + black ink + bestial brown + chaos black--- is this an even mix ?

8> highlight (burnished gold + silver + water)

cheers

i have been working on my metallics lately and yours look great ,

keep up the amazing work!!

• 2 weeks later...

how to make ruins & bases ... my way ... :D

example:

how a did it:

1> first i made a sketch of how it's going to look (i used a computer with acad software)

2> making a mould out of polystyreen (works well with pooring moulding compound) !!! the mould is a negative form of what you want to have !!!

3> you can put object in the mould which you will see later in the object as a negative form

4> start pooring!

5> stick plasticard rods ... etc etc.... on it

6> drill some holes and make scratches so it looks like bullet holes

finished!

....... or you can buy ready made ruins and have half the fun i had ;)

pictures of predator and painted captain coming soon ... just have to get them of the stick and on the pc

Awesome work!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ME3HEP/painting%20miniatures/40K/Aeternus%20Custodis/LC-predator02.jpg

I have a query, not about your modelling, just in general. I know a Predator is based on the Rhino STC but would it really still have the doors behind the sponsons?

I have never noticed it before, maybe it is just because your pictures are so clear! :sweat:

Regards,

T

Yeh they would have doors behind the sponsoons, i would have thought doors there would be excellent for working on the inside edge of the weapon mounts. Could be very handy if their was a jam or difficulty with the weapon and, if situation outside the tank was to dangerous for a Marine to jump out and try and fix it from the outside.

I used the landraider sponsons for the predator ... they are bigger and that is the reason why you can see the doors. Should have thaught about that before using them .... to much space with this angle of the picture :)

anyway ..... a few weeks ago i showed how i will make my ruins .. well here is a picture of a finished part. I am satisfied with the result ... hope you like it too!

Archived