Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

Two things stand out when I see your stuff GR,

1.  Your imagination in creating a vision of an army that I have not seen expressed in my 10+ years in the hobby.  The DG army made my eyes bleed seeing a vision of them never seen before.

2.  The practically seamless integration of so many kits on your fnished products.  It is like you see components in different kits as individual pieces that your mind then meshes with others.

As always, if I win the next Powerball or Mega Millions, you WILL do a commision for me.....LOL!

Thanks a lot, that means a lot to me! If I may indulge myself a bit, I have always had a very specifik vision of the 40k universe - I think it is, hands down, the most amazing universe in science fiction - nothing, to me, comes close in sheer depth and appeal - I love the grimdark setting, the fact that EVERY race is evil in their own way, that there is nothing but despair, and the way that no matter what you do, a chaos god will probabably munch on your soul eventually. :D Chaos has always been my favourite faction, and I love everything about them - unfortunately, while I think that GW makes some great miniatures, I don't think they make them dark, evil or corrupted enough. Therefore, I wanted to make my armies (DG and these guys) convey my vision of the universe - and I think I'm getting there. Another reason why I love chaos, is that pretty much anything goes? Evil space marines? Check. Daemons? Check. Giant robots? Check. I love it. :)

Regarding bits selection, you're absolutely right. I tend to look at every bit, not so much as "Where does this come from?", but more in the way of "What can I use this for?".

Thanks a lot, guys! There's a bit of progress here from the dark, nasty forge world:

The Lord is done - thanks to the fantastic tube tool:

forgelord3.jpg

forgelord4.jpg

I've put some armour plates on the legs of the defiler - it looks much more chaotic now, I like it!

defiler4.jpg

defiler5.jpg

Some new projects this week - I've been wanting to make some monowheel bikes, since I got back to the hobby about 2 years ago - now's the time! They're based on skaven doomwheels and doomflayers, and there's only gonna be 3 - I still need to do the unit champ, but my local GW only had two doomflayers, so I'm waiting for it to arrive.

bikes1.jpg

bikes2.jpg

bikes3.jpg

I've also started on my "drake" - the squid of d00m!!! Sadly, I can't claim it's entirely my own idea, since I saw a similar creation somewhere online, but I liked the concept and decided to tweak it a bit, and make it my own:

squid1.jpg

squid2.jpg

squid3.jpg

Coming up: Forgefiend (based on decimator), Mutilators, and skitaari! I'm on fire with this project! :)

They are all awesome, and I dearly hope you don't mind if I snag a few ideas from here and there...

My two dark mechanicus magi needs some friends! smile.png

Where do you buy the things you make the GS cables with?

Thanks a lot, guys!

They are all awesome, and I dearly hope you don't mind if I snag a few ideas from here and there...

My two dark mechanicus magi needs some friends! smile.png

Where do you buy the things you make the GS cables with?

I bought it from Masq mini - they take forever to send it, but it will show up eventually - at least mine did.

I'm reading H.P. Lovecraft at the moment and I imagine your stuff is what his creations would look like if he wrote Sci-fi rather than (then) contemporary horror. Your twisted vision is always inspirational and a pleasure to view. GW should be consulting with you for Chaos aesthetic (which may be something I've said before on your other thread, but it's still true!).

The Hell-squid in particular is brilliant.

wow, that squid of doom is awesome. you imagination and use of parts on your models is astonishingly good, many including myself would never come up with things like that if given the parts thumbsup.gif

any chance of a rundown on how you made it and what parts where needed? i cant find another like it even though you said theres one out there similar

cheers

All of these kitbashes are absolutely amazing. Definetely keeping an eye on this, especially for inspiration!

Can't wait to see your interpretation of the Skitaari. Don't think I've seen anyone make models of them before!

Thanks!

Boomsly - it's a heldrake body, butt facing forward, wings from ditto, maulerfiend tendrils and DE chronos tendrils in the mouth - pretty simple, actually.

"Hey GW - I fixed your Helbrute for you!"

I've just finished the basic construction of the first helbrute - I apologize the pictures, I'll take some better ones tomorrow in the daylight:

helbrute1_1.jpg

helbrute1_2.jpg

Oh god, that looks so good.

I also really want to come up with a good joke about the Helldrake looking better when flying butt forwards. I can't, but I'm still cracking up teehee.gif

I am curious to see the Helldrake's underbelly and what you do for weaponry (bearing in mind I don't know how weapons are supposed to go on it).

Wow, I've been away from B&C for way too long, but its great to come back and see a thread as awesome as this one! Your Daemon Engines blow my mind! So inspiring, not worked on my Dark Mech for a long time and you've made me want to get back working on them. I think the Daemon Prince is my fav, but looking forward to seeing your take on the Skitarii & Forgefiend, are you gonna do a Dark Magos too?

Archived