Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

Demon allies sure, to give yourself something to work on when your not feeling up to converting nasty evil metal bits. As great as your Dark Mechanicus are demon allies could give you something to work on when your feeling uninspired or want to paint other colors.

Exactly. That's how I look at it too. Have enough of painting armour. Go for some fleshy daemons.

Emperor Protect Us All!!!!!!

Amazing work, everything is top notch.

I love that your walkers are so big that they use banners a loin clothes.

Now I'm off to re-read your Deathguard Thread looking for cool infantry to pillage hehehe

this is the thread I would link to my friends to win them over to 40k

(we'll just let them figure out they dont come like this out of the box lol)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread made me cry. I just scrolled through it and looked at the pics and I'm just... I... I cry with joy and happiness!

When I get home I'll throw away my tools and never again work on a single miniature :D

This is just way beyond awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I have just been through your thread and run out of likes for the day!! Each and every-single-thing here is of the highest caliber; an absolute joy to look at, the vision, conversion execution to the painting. Biggest kudos ever thumbsup.gif

• 1 year later...
Posted · Hidden by Captain Semper, February 4, 2016 - Necro
Hidden by Captain Semper, February 4, 2016 - Necro

The method is very simple:

1) Basecoat AV Tinny Tin (GW Tin bitz)

2) Drybrush GW Shining Gold

3) Drybrush (very lightly, only edges should get picked out) AV Gold (very light gold colour)

4) Heavy wash of Army Painter Strong Tone (Devlan mud)

5) Drybrush AV Gold again

6) Paint middle of trims with Seraphim Sepia

7) Pick out rivets with badab black.

I think it's a great method to getting great gold, with barely any precision painting = very easy, very quick.

Is AV valejo colors? Also, very inspiring conversions!

Posted · Hidden by Captain Semper, August 23, 2016 - Necro
Hidden by Captain Semper, August 23, 2016 - Necro
And here I thought there might be an update... but if there's a tread that deserves to be threadomanced once in a while, this is it. Amazing work, he's got stunning world eaters and death guard too (google it, my phone won't let me paste the links for some reason)
  • 6 months later...

I have to say that this project is absolutely brilliant, innovative and well crafted, carry on Sir! Cant wait to see what you do next!

Hey, you're new and this is an awesome thread, but it's also been inactive (no new posts from the originator), for two years now. Posting on long dead threads is threadomancy and is considered poor form, bear that in mind while you browse this wonderful forum, hope you enjoy your time with us.

Hey, you're new and this is an awesome thread, but it's also been inactive (no new posts from the originator), for two years now. Posting on long dead threads is threadomancy and is considered poor form, bear that in mind while you browse this wonderful forum, hope you enjoy your time with us.

I think this is one thread we can really let that slide. This army is beautiful.

Archived