Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

Without the bigger wheel the smaller bike could quite possibly be made really really nice, I'm thinking the lord in a "reaver jetbike" position... :)

Still looking awesome dude! :-D How about something that looks like one of the Alien Shredders from the film Battleship for your biker lord?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JP897vUMUDA/T7nIny1-I9I/AAAAAAAAPdE/wxuYG7ENEmQ/s1600/0003-091008_Shredder_02_JN.jpg

Maybe have some Maulerfiend lasher tendrils coming out of it (like in the film when it rips apart a helicopter)

Also you could add 2 front wheels to it to make it look like the customer vehicle that a customer car maker made for the film's launch. 

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h46xpPcwXp0/T6ypdvHybzI/AAAAAAAABFQ/ihFoZ9WAiRs/s1600/peterberg.jpg

Both look pretty sick :-D

As for the Heavy Praetorians, how about having them look like the Track mounted Iron Brotherhood mini from Micro Art Studio?

http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-ltru02-p-172.html

Hope this feedback helps :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words, and the suggestions. :) I've messed around with the bits quite a bit (bad pun intended), and I still kind of like the sidecar-idea the best - so I've tried to incorporate it into the design better, so it merges with the bike, making it look like an integrated part.

Bear in mind that this is still VERY rough mockup - the idea is that the magos is going to interface to the throne using lots of tubes, having lots of mechatendrils as well, and making the whole thing much more spiky:

bikelord3.jpg

bikelord4.jpg

I think that's much closer smile.png

Could we see some more angles of that?

I like this version much better! happy.png

Ladies and gentlemen - I am proud to present to you...

Arch Heretek Karulek:

heretek1.jpg

heretek2.jpg

heretek3.jpg

heretek4.jpg

heretek5.jpg

With his unit:

heretekunit.jpg

Part of this model was a challenge for myself - since it came out, I thought that the Khorne Skull cannon/throne thing was one of the ugliest things GW ever made, so I gave myself the challenge of converting something cool out of it, using at least 50% of the kit - I am pretty proud that I actually think I pulled it off. :D

Ladies and gentlemen - I am proud to present to you...

Arch Heretek Karulek:

heretek1.jpg

heretek2.jpg

heretek3.jpg

heretek4.jpg

heretek5.jpg

With his unit:

heretekunit.jpg

Part of this model was a challenge for myself - since it came out, I thought that the Khorne Skull cannon/throne thing was one of the ugliest things GW ever made, so I gave myself the challenge of converting something cool out of it, using at least 50% of the kit - I am pretty proud that I actually think I pulled it off. biggrin.png

No. You DEFINITELY pulled it off! :blink:

Superb! GW - Catch a clue and ask this guy to design the Dark Mechanicus range already! ^_^

completely and utterly amazed at the conversions an vision you have, i have said it before i wouldn't even know where to begin yet your conversions look so good they are better than factory options!

i especially like the face ini the hooded robe and the "cockpit" that you have created, awesome work again as usual 

Out of Curosity how long did it take you to make the Single "Bikes" and the "Side Car Bike".

Also would you ever consider Selling these or Making More to Sell?

Hi there. The monowheels aren't too hard to do, and probably take a couple of hours pr. Bike. The Lord was a major project and probably took around 15-20 hours - but hey, whos counting when you're having fun? :-)

I'm definitely not interested in selling them, and I don't do comissions - Between being a full time teacher and part time musician, my spare time is limited - so I want it for myself. Thanks for undérstanding. :-) But do try to make some yourself - they're really not a difficult conversion (the bikes)

You are a genius of that I have little doubt.

Those mono wheels remind me of some of the chaos war machines from the Gaunts Ghosts novels, Heritor Asphodel would be proud of them!

Your models are much more in line with how I envisage Chaos to look, based on all the fluff. I certainly prefer your stuff compared with the recent efforts GW has churned out.

Looking forward to seeing more

Cheers

jeeze!!!! these models are INCREDIBLE!!!  seriously all kinds of awesome here... you have skills i can only dream of but still i am inspired and want to up my game... many thanks for sharing... and good luck Sir!

peace

• 2 weeks later...

Archived