Dark Mechanicus project - Something binary this way comes...

Btw, I'm about to begin painting the army (I'll batch paint the whole army. blink.png ), but I'm really in doubt as to what colour scheme it should have. I have a couple of ideas, being red, purple, green or black, but I could really use any and all suggestions, especially with a picture for inspiration. Hit me with your best shot! :)

Btw, I'm about to begin painting the army (I'll batch paint the whole army. blink.png ), but I'm really in doubt as to what colour scheme it should have. I have a couple of ideas, being red, purple, green or black, but I could really use any and all suggestions, especially with a picture for inspiration. Hit me with your best shot! smile.png

looking at your work I would suggest a dark green metallic. this would allow for some interesting warping energy arcs in brighter greens, and some nice rippling depth in the deep green, almost black range. those smooth surface areas you have on a number of the conversions (and for chaos in general now) just seem to beg for green and/or blue metallic work. and lightning. definitely lightning.

A hellturkey?? tongue.png My first thought was a blight drone too.

Nope... msn-wink.gif Much smaller...

The mystery is revealed; the "bumblebee from hell" is the master sculpt for a mold I made, to make... Wait for it... My termicide unit! I wanted a 3 man plasma termicide unit, because I really like the concept of teleporting in the midst of the battlefield and shooting like a madman. However, I dislike the idea of using extremely rare terminator suits for this, and besides I needed to make them look even bigger than the Thallax cohort, since I used those for power armour. I got the idea of a hunter drone, driven by a daemon, and this is the result - I realize that it's a very strange concept, but I like it a lot. smile.png

Empyrean Hunter Drones:

drones1.jpg

drones2.jpg

Size comparison

drones3.jpg

Pictures of more new stuff I've been working on:

Heavy Praetorians (Noise Marines, sonic blasters and blastmaster):

praetorians.jpg

Objective marker (For :cusss and giggles) - runaway servitor:

objective.jpg

(The concept is stolen from another AdMech builder - I can't seem to remember who, so if you know please post it, so I can give proper credit)

Skitarii Prime (tech adept leader):

skitarii2.jpg

Skitarii Secundus (Electro priest leader):

skitarii3.jpg

Brilliant looking stuff as always. I would paint them with some combination using dark purple, but that's me. I'm a sucker for well painted purple.

Edit: Posting from a phone is hard.

This stuff looks brilliant. I love the Praetorians, and the new Drones. Really good stuff, I cannot wait to see it all painted. How did you go about casting the Hunter Drones?

-Tarvik

Thanks a lot. :-)

Tarvik: I made a sillicone mold and cast them in resin - it's a little complicated, so I'd suggest googling "resin casting" - its not at all hard, just takes a little patience.

Chaptermaster: They're pretty much just the forgeworld thallax cohort, with a few weapon mods. Great minis, but SUCH a pain to assemble. :-/

• 4 weeks later...

Darnit - 3 weeks of posts gone. I know the admins are struggling, and I really appreciate the effort, but I really hope that the forum becomes stable soon. wacko.png

Anyway, I'll repost some of the things that are gone, and some of the stuff I've been building in the meantime.

Forgefiend, almost done:

forgebeast5.jpg

forgebeast6.jpg

forgebeast7.jpg

forgebeast8.jpg

Finished new Helbrute:

helbrute3_4.jpg

helbrute3_5.jpg

Detail of rider:

helbrute3_6.jpg

Spawns in progress:

spawns1.jpg

Data Daemons concept (WIP):

datadaemons1.jpg

Thanks a bunch for the nice comments. :)

@ Captain Cirrius: I love how projects have the ability to do that - now YOU go inspire someone. :)

This stuff is fantastic! you've actually made me want a forgefiend!

Any chance of a rundown on bits? I'd actually really like to make one

Sure thing. :)

The body is built like the standard forgefiend, but the neck is shortened a bit (about 1.5 cm). The forearms are made with the magmacutter bits, and has the ectroplasma guns glued to them. The big cabling is from the necron tesseract thingie (they are not used when it's assembled as closed, so they are possible to obtain.)

Legs and feet: The upper part of the legs are cut up and reglued dreadknight legs, as are the feet. The lower leg is a sawn off leg from the defiler kit. The leg plates are maulerfiend arm plates, with some cutt off additional plates glued to them.

Mantis arms: Are from some sort of Nid scything talon thing. I cut off the talons, and mech'ed them up a bit, using cabling etc.

Tail: Is from the Dark Eldar Talos.

Archived