Sometimes Excessus does hobby things...

Excessus

Great looking guys you got! That plasma is so awesome. Keep it up.

Just one thing though...I like their dirty feet and ankles but wondering how it is brown when rest of base is grey? Just curious as to what the ground actually consists of? 

Reaver

Great looking guys you got! That plasma is so awesome. Keep it up.

Just one thing though...I like their dirty feet and ankles but wondering how it is brown when rest of base is grey? Just curious as to what the ground actually consists of? 

Reaver

It's a similar consistency as Créme Brulée, the grey surface pops as they walk on it, revealing the brown mud beneath...  :P

...or not! Though I would love to have the modelling skills to make something like that!

The sad truth is that it's a leftover from the old days, when I wasn't making the muddy shoes yet. I didn't start to make those until I decided to paint my tanks, and by then it was such a chore to go back and do a makeover on all the old bases I had already done...but it is something I plan for the future! It's going to be a muddy place...I just need to figure out a way to make it a bit more...dynamic...

I'm improving for each and every model I construct and paint...even the bases...

Haha im in a similar situation with my SW. At first I just wanted nice and simple sand bases, then I went to paint my tanks and well they needed weathering... Now half the army is up to their ankles in it!

You are producing quality marines man, keep pushing, oh and more photos! More

Jetbike done! (well, nees some freehand and more detail work, but that's another day :) )

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/9242/bm0o.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/7421/a2zz.jpg

Reaver, this is what the bases should look like...sometimes in the future... :)

Man, I love the blue you've got going on. If it wasn't for the fact I'm incapable of drybrushing, I'd have yoinked it wholesale for mine.

Are you doing a full squad of jetbikes, or just the champion?

Dragonlover

Reaver, this is what the bases should look like...sometimes in the future... :smile.:

Aaaah! Much better indeed! Definitely looks a lot more natural than the previous grey bases.

Digging that jetbike, great kitbashing skills. What freehand you planning?

And how do you paint that blue? Also thought bout doing the legionnaires but was worried I would mess up their colours and they can have great looking armour, as you are clearly proving

Reaver

Thanks all. Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with the jetbike, too bad he didn't do much in the tournament though. He flamed some stuff and he died...in all games except one. Two games he died before even flaming once (well, he was kinda the only immediate threat in the list on the first turn, now in hindsight). A serious flaw appeared in my list...long range shooting...

I really must have some sort of letter combination. I can't focus on one project for long. It's time to finally get some paint on the majority of my traitor IG...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2373/54fw.jpg

...or something...

REALLY looking forward to seeing them painted and in action. Looking really good so far, and I love the bases. The guy holding a Heavy bolter, what kind of HB is that? I guess all the regular dudes are some kind of command squad?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the heavy bolter is from the scout box. It's my harker! :)

Boy did my Alpha Legion got crushed in the tournament! I blame the involvement of daemons...

Oh, and I got a bit inspired by the art from the Vengeful Spirit and converted some of my least favorit CSM helms into something more viable...

First try:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2917/838i.jpg

I seem to have a problem with symmetry when it comes to GS...