XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

Looks nice, I think I'll eventually have to try using stormcasts for Marine conversions...

You should. In my opinion the stormcasts can be great for mark 2 conversions. If you want to sculpt all those layers^^

Really curious to see how you convert the mark X for truescale, looks promising!

Thx man. Gonna get rid of mkx^^

Thrilled to see what you've got in store for us. Nicely done on the facial hair too, looking forward to seeing more!

Thx. The first version had a Lemmybeard. Scared me too much so I changed it.

So I continued my journey and here is a milestone. Not as clean as I could have made it but you win't see it when the mini is finished.

956291-Legion%20specific%20mk3%20armor.j

Update: a little more to show you^^

956323-.jpg

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The studded leather surely looks interesting, will have to see it on the finished model, but it's a great way to make the armour more unique and fits perfectly the aesthetic of your legion.

Not leather. Small metalplates. I was inspired by ancient korean armor.

Great greenstuff work, interested to see how it looks painted. Keep up the great work!

Thx man. I have some.more to do until i can paint them. Legs, arms and maybe some heads.

Nice texturing on the armour, as The Traitor says, it matches your boys very well.

Thx. I was looking to grip the asian aesthetic more.without entering samurai terrain.( Although we all know that japanese culture was introduced throigh the people of baekje...ergo korea^^)

Wow all that custom armor is looking amazing, definitely going to steal some ideas for future use ;).

Thx. I am looking forward to your theft

Customized armor is looking awesome!

Thanks. Now I have to think about the legs^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lightbringers:

Born out of the ashes of death, the Lightbringers were once the Stormblast when the XIIth went by the cognomen, Apostles of War. The Stormblast formed themselves after the Rangdan as their tactic of digging into a position and concentrating their fire, while attacking the enemy with close combat units. It was Gwalchavad who embrace these tactics and reformed these units into mighty warriors into the Lightbringers. Using a combination of mobile infantry and advance laser cannons brought eternal peace to the enemies of the Imperium.

Edited by ShadowSwordmaster

• 2 months later...

Gosh! It has been a long time since my last post :/

And ti be honest, I didn't continue to work on the mk3 legs instead i did this

976947-.jpg

Some MK4 conversions ready to be casted.

But as there is a 10 man squad and I dislike primaris a bit, I created this:

976946-.jpg

Will visit my caster next week and hope he can cast them.

As usual leave your comments and critic below

Oooooh, definitely looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing with the casts! Just my personal opinion, but the torso with a chest icon in the bottom pic seems a tad too big and protruding that it just looks like its been slapped on rather than as part of the armor. Either way definitely looking forward to seeing more from you!

@Vairocanum: thx. After you mentioned it I saw it to and was not able to ignore it, so i sanded the symbol down and reattached it, added some gs in the corners amd destroyed thr belt^^. Now it looks better.

@hushrong: thank you. Can't wait as well, but my caster is in vacation so I just start the next projects. Mk5 and the diorama for grotsmashas challenge.

By the way, this is the 500 post on this thread and to celebrate this, I give you this.

975466-.jpg

This was made by Rudra, a indonesian tatoo artist. Does it create only such a retrovibe on me?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

• 3 weeks later...

980750-.jpg

980748-.jpg

980749-.jpg

A little update on the diorama front for Grotsmashas challenge. I mostly rearranged all the.partd I need for the demon prince and finished the necessary sculpting on him.

Now I need to work on the scorpion and the scenery. :/

I love the Lost Legions people make, I know this was started years ago, but the recent update made me check it out - really cool background/lore for the legion, and even those first WIPs of your Primarch look inspiring! :D

Making me want to pull mine out of its secondment to the bitz-box!