XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

So, we thought to shake some things up and change a bit. So when the Gwal and the Wardens flee the onlsaught and send the distress call to every warden fleet most meet on caerbannog for analyzing the situation. While some want revenge and others argue they waited too long, Gwal emerges and decides that this war is not their war and that the wardens of light stay out of the fight. That a civil war is not what they were meant to fight. However nit all wardens back this Decision. The scorpion makes is shocked as he had seen the evil if travier. Saw how arngrim valten stayed behind to buy them time so that they can save their primarch. Saw the wardens vessels crashing inti the eagle warriors fleet to safe their primarch. And now they should stay aside and wait things out? This would shame every sacrifce made that day and so he leaves and about 20k follow him. Over time and with ongoing events like the slaughter of the Shepherd s and the blood crusade big chunks break away from those loyal to Gwal. The legion bleeds out.

DoR we have 157000. About 25k got killed. On the way back to caerbannog we lose for ease of counting 2k all around the galaxy. So we have 130000 marines. 20k leave with scorpion. After the slaughter of thr shepards we could lose 20k and the blood crusade and chaos incursion asks for another 25k. Which leaves Gwal with 65k. However thanks to the masses of refugees he is able to rebuilt some forces so he may be at 80k at the end if the insurrection.

Do the numbers seem realistic?

How many astartes can we produce in 20 years?

When do the conklave happen?

Where would the Grey wardens fight? Ideas for heroic deaths? Painful defeats.

Given how long Warp travel takes, I'd place the Conclave, at earliest, in 032. A year after the Insurrection starts. That's if you're not going to wait for the Wardens all the way on the Eastern Fringe. If you're waiting for everyone, then I'd shift it to 034 to be safe. 

Not sure, ask Sig. You're going to have a bonus since the WoL are going to be mostly involved in peace-keeping missions.

And the numbers seem fair, outside of how much recovery the Legion has.

...The orders were clear. Wait until the heaven burnes and then strike. Strike hard, Strike fast and show no mercy. Even as it goes against our very own.

The destroyer Isen Grim was from born on terra and was a veteran of the great crusade when his primarch was finallly found and they changed the grey of war against the gold of light. Not satisfied with the new direction Gwalchavad led the Wardens of Light, it was easy for Guaire Amalasan to sway Isen Grim and his Comrades and unite them unter the banner of brother murder. When the time came to strike agains their brothers, his squad showed no mercy. With forbidden weaponry they struck their brothers from behind, silencing any resistance without remorse. Lending a bloody hand to the efforts of the Space Wolves in purging the Wardens of Light, the Destroyer Squads of the XIth Legions sowed death and terror. The Wolves were disgusted by the bannermen of Guaire Amalasan and would the great wolf had ordered it, they would have slain them. But the Order never came as those Wardens were under protection from Roboute Guilliman and Malcador the Siglite. No harm should happen to them. And after the purge the rebellious elements should find a new home amoung the XIIIth. However, instead of new glories they got another reward: They were forgotten and any memories of the Apostles of War and Wardens of Light were lost forever.

937122-WardensofLightDestroyerIsenGrim.j

So, the first Destroyer is painted and among the Canonverse he is a filthy traitor. YAY^^

Wow fantastic artwork! Looks like some very nice conversion inspiration, maybe for a future Armies on Parade? I know exactly what you mean by wanting to keep sculpting instead, so many ideas I wanna try.

Yeah, I had the same thought, although IF i make a armie on parade diorama I thin i would go against the wolves and get the XIth slaughtered all the way.

Looking even better with paint on, they really are a brutal bunch and the old raptor jump packs add some serious bulk, enjoyed the little section of background too. Can't wait to see the others!

Looking even better with paint on, they really are a brutal bunch and the old raptor jump packs add some serious bulk, enjoyed the little section of background too. Can't wait to see the others!

Thx mate. I also like how they look. What do you say about the new gold? I wanted to make the new wave of wardens "less" blingy to distant them from the custodes.

"The galaxy was a hostile place. Surpressed anger clouded his mind every time he thought about those filthy, disgusting xenos, stealing the worlds from humanity. Questioning the right of mankind to rule over the galaxy. It was a cold place, but he we would have burned every xenos to ashes if not for their newfound "father". You can't speak with xenos, you can burn them, blow them to pieces or let them taste the blade of you knife. You are wrong "father" and your grasp over the XIth ends tonight."

Kjelleborn prepared his equipment. Every time he thought about Gwalchavad, anger flooded him. He checked if he had enough ammonition, checked the grenades on his belt multiple times. He assembled and disassembled his boltpistols so long until he was satisfied with his weapons. Until the mechanical spirit in it was tamed and mechanics functioned fluidly. The knife in his sheath was sharper than ever. The Jumppack fit perfectly and every sensor was fully functioning. His brothers were calm as they raced through the atmosphere ready to jump of the landing ship several miles above the ground. He was never calm before a battle. He visualized his enemies and brought himself into the right mood, ready for the thrill of kill. When his special ammunitons pierce the enemies armor. He fought many enemies in his life. Orks, Eldar, techno barbarians, advanced human civilisations, human wartribes, mutants, and many more. The darkest time he remembered were the xenocides. Even on the brink of destruction they succeeded and even the most dangerous foe proved inferior the the Adeptus Astartes of the emperor. But this today they would fight against an enemy none had ever thought to meet in combat. 

Peace? There is no peace among the stars, only endless war.

The signal was given and the Squad jumped out of the landing ship, the jumppacks howled and the Destroyers plunged into the sky,they saw the wardens fleet in battle against the fleet of the ultramarines. burning, with hot fire they plunged into the atmoshpere of the planet and set the sky on fire. But the look of the wardens of light shifted to the surface, ready to strike and slay their kin.

937711-LegioXIAWardensofLight-Destroyer2

Okilly dokilly, they next destroyer is ready Kjelleborn

Nicely done again, I think the new gold looks good and particularly fitting for the destroyers whose weapons and methods would surely strip the luster from any plate. Again, the accompanying fluff made an interesting read, especially his lack of worry regarding the destruction and personal slaying of his legion brothers.

Nicely done again, I think the new gold looks good and particularly fitting for the destroyers whose weapons and methods would surely strip the luster from any plate. Again, the accompanying fluff made an interesting read, especially his lack of worry regarding the destruction and personal slaying of his legion brothers.

Thx. I try to come up with story for everyone. OI have only a few minutes and type the stories quick on my smartphone as only pics doesn't serve the wardens purpose. They may habe been forgotten by the imperium but you should not forget them^^.

GUILT

Breathing heavily, he leaned his back against the wall and creating with sparks with his jumppack as his legs gave in. He put his Boltpistols in front of him on the soiled ground, took both hands to his head and removed his helmet. The unfiltered smell of cold ash and hot metal penetrated now his nose. It began to rain. The first drops landed on his long hair or bounced off his servo armor. He turned the helmet in his hands and looked him over. The outer shell had a crack, the top cover was broken, the communication module and medical sensors rendered useless. Careful, he put it next to his weapons. He was thankful as the bolter rounds glanced of it. But that only delayed the inevitable.

He coughed and blood sprayed from his mouth. The armor wasn’t sturdy enough to protect him from additional rounds. Holes, where ceramite should have been leaked blood and he suspected that several organs were injured. He was not lasting another day in this conflict. And deep inside he was thankful that his role in this shameful deed found an end. Today he killed countless men he adressed a few hours before as brothers. There was no honor if a brother killed a brother. Still he followed his legion master. He followed the will of the emperor. But his blind obedience felt now like ash in his mouth.

He was guilty of the worst crime men could commit...

His vision blurred and he knew his time was running out. He took his boltpistols up, checked the cartridges, and counted only one remaining bullet. Without looking, he put the cartridges back and straightened up.He would not slowly bleed to death, he would pay for his crimes. The Destroyer took his boltpistol and put it on his temple.

“Guilty”

He pulled the trigger….

938346-WardensofLight-Destroyer3.jpg

So, the third destroyer is painted and my little photobox arrived. Finally I can shoot decent photos of my mediocre minis^^.

C&C are welcome as ever.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Oh man I've missed a lot, but great that I can catch up with so many updates! Awesome paint jobs on these destroyers, love the grittiness! Nice back stories, I like that you've started to name them as well, definitely gives them more character! Can't wait to see the rest of the squad!

Brother, your models are certainly not mediocre! Keep up the good work.

Hah, you have not seen what I have done with my starter pack. marines

Badass destroyer, I love his bulky armor.

Thx. I think they captzre the art of marines very well.

Oh man I've missed a lot, but great that I can catch up with so many updates! Awesome paint jobs on these destroyers, love the grittiness! Nice back stories, I like that you've started to name them as well, definitely gives them more character! Can't wait to see the rest of the squad!

^^ I already wondered why you were so silent. Thx for the kind words.

Your destroyers with paint on them are sublime!

Thx. But are they not too gritty? I am always afraid of doing too much.

So guys. In order to keep motivation up, I decided to built something. My guilty pleasure, the Illuminator Heavy Speeder^^ now I am not sure where to add the search light. Top or bottom. Some help could be useful. Always remember: rule of cool over all.

938925_sm-.jpg

938924_sm-.jpg

In my honest opinion, I'd say up top. Land Speeders tend to hover around ground level, so putting the spotlight below the vehicle makes it basically a brighter headlight on a car :lol:

Thx man. I decided.to go for the secret option: on top and on the bottom^^

And here is the actual destroyer Vairos Arcanum (^^) nothing is left of him except for a quote found in hidden documents, banned from any imperial records. Reading this.means a death sentence after the deportation to a forgeworld and 100 years.of hard labour.

"Choice is a luxury we earn through peace. Struggle is our fundamental nature."

939523-.jpg

Okay guys. This time i have no short story.for you as I was flooded with work and struggled with not drowning.

Oooooh, another solid paint job! Great name too :wink:. Really liking the Illuminator, very nice blend of parts! Looking forward to seeing more!

Hehe, thx. I like the Illuminator myself. I think once finished it could be a really nice model.

939824_sm-.jpg

Everything around him exploded. Clear and sharp he registered how he was catapulted through the air. Dirt, shrapnells and a bloody mist engulfed him and blurred his vision. He was captured in a surreal slow motion. Everything happened all at once and step for step. Time slowly crawling forward. A deadly caleidoskop dominated his vision and as time moved forward he lost the ability to clearly name the things dancing in front of him through the sky. He could only make out different colors which switched unceasingly their positions, creating symmetric forms of unbelievable beauty and forms of insane chaos tormenting his mind. Slowly even the colors faded away, blurred into each other and created new ones. Thousands became hundreds, those became a dozen, which became some and from those evolved only a few. Soon he was only able to tell red, white and black apart, but soon they became a dirty brown and in the end he was only able to see black. And endless black taking all of his vision and finally his very self was lost in the black…. 

Once the last survivor of the wardens of light unit ended dead on the floor, Desmond activated his jump pack and approached the next enemy unit. He had no grenades left, but his bolt pistols felt good in his hands.

939823-.jpg

So, the last of the destroyer squad is finally painted (yeah!)

Here a group shot showing all of them togheter. (I love my little photobooth)

939825-.jpg

Looking forward for C&C and soome suggestions what I should tackle next.

Over and out

Mikhal