Triszin's Tau log: Titanfall Themed, Shadowsun done

Triszin

I was thinking of converting a hob with rail rifles, as a big single rifle and other bits to represent them

Hmm sounds interesting... any way to make rail rifle barrels look cyclical ?, with the idea of a tri -barrel rail rifle minigun! :devil:

my 2c on the other question was to go Monarch...since most of your other suits are Titanfall themed you might as well be consistent plus monarch so looks T'AU :thumbsup: 

Mithril 

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't the cyclic ION raker be more logical tho? :biggrin.:

The damage output would be more akin to the Fusion main gun on the Ghostkeel.

Just melts anything in front of it.

Wouldn't the cyclic ION raker be more logical tho? :biggrin.:

The damage output would be more akin to the Fusion main gun on the Ghostkeel.

Just melts anything in front of it.

Actually on average rolls the damage output of overcharged CIR + ATS is higher against any combination of T4 to T8 and Sv2+ to Sv4+. Without ATS the damage output is still higher against anything with Sv4+.

If you manage to get within 9" to the target the damage output will be slightly higher against Sv2+ and Sv3+. Not by a whole lot tho and still lower against Sv4+ or worse.

I didn't bother to do the math for non-Overcharged CIR tho since I don't think it's worth shooting without Overcharging anyway.

Very true...

I'll put the Ion project down the road. After I finish up the stuff I have.

And I also bought a Armiger titan to kit bash it with a riptide to make my legion.

IDEAS I HAVE MUAHAAHHAH

Ok now this has grabbed my Attention :biggrin.:

Mithril

++Edit++ now that I think about it.. That's an expensive kitbash!!!

Edited by mithrilforge

Pip update on northstar

First time doing chipping/battledamage

before i state issues:

On top of this still needs to go, weathering/dirt effects and light source glow effects

- for a first time doing it i kinda like it, however i got a little brush drunk, so I have to go back and clean it up a bit

0GMGC6q.jpg

Monarch WIP

ERDKFVJ.jpg

n9t849F.jpg

Ok now this has grabbed my Attention :biggrin.:

Mithril
++Edit++ now that I think about it.. That's an expensive kitbash!!!

I bought an armiger for 50$, then I bought the individual pieces I needed from riptide from a bits site for about 35-40$. so 85-90$ for the conversion (not including the epoxy, and random left over bits in a bin i have)

Edited by Triszin

Very Nice!! :wub:  this is coming along awesomely :cool.:  nice colour combo's and just enough damage.

You should save the rest of your stuff for the ETL :wink:

i cannot wait to see this bad boy finished!

Cheers,Mithril

I thinkim going to try to either paint Scorch for it initially, or if I can finish my Legion riptide paint him. if I finish one and have time to complete another I'll pledge again. keeping my pledges small and realistic this year

I thinkim going to try to either paint Scorch for it initially, or if I can finish my Legion riptide paint him. if I finish one and have time to complete another I'll pledge again. keeping my pledges small and realistic this year

Yeah, I agree with that totally,that will definitely be my game plan as well :thumbsup:

if you could get Scorch AND Legion done for the ETL that would be awesome

Cheers, Mithril

It could be your conversions aren't legal for ETL.

Kitbashed models are fine. Conversions are fine. Scratch builds are disallowed.

They really are more scratchbuild than kitbash or conversions. You might want to contact Semper about that. Edited by sfPanzer

Ah I'd say kitbashed, he's used all GW parts and a bit of greenstuff equivalent .. Scratchbuilt are from plastic and putty and unrecognisable to start with, I know your trying to look out for him but in this case your wrong, I'm pretty sure semper will OK these

Mithril

While I agree with mithril, I see where spfpanzer is coming from. I'll dm semper and seek approval to sort this out before etl starts

--------------

semper approved the ghostkeel Scorch for etl.

Edited by Triszin