Triszin's Tau log: Titanfall Themed, Shadowsun done

Triszin

The added bitz on the Commander look pretty sweet. Just missing the shoulder pad. :tongue.:

The Breacher with the high leg tho...LMAO.

He's there to tell them the Good News about the Greater Good. Fus Ro Kick and all that.

I love the Titanfall asthetic and theming. One of my riptides is done up in a Titan-like way (pilot perched on knee-others have done it before and better but I like it)

If only the Broadside could fly...it really would be a Northstar. Functionally it (and riptides) are like Legions.

Farsight count-as as a Ronin?

Edited by Trevak Dal

The added bitz on the Commander look pretty sweet. Just missing the shoulder pad. :tongue.:

The Breacher with the high leg tho...LMAO.

He's there to tell them the Good News about the Greater Good. Fus Ro Kick and all that.

I love the Titanfall asthetic and theming. One of my riptides is done up in a Titan-like way (pilot perched on knee-others have done it before and better but I like it)

If only the Broadside could fly...it really would be a Northstar. Functionally it (and riptides) are like Legions.

Farsight count-as as a Ronin?

I had wondered how to do Ronin....

Farsight fits the bill.

thanks for that

Nice :thumbsup:

The helmet is the stand out in it's simplicity but it really rocks :wub:  the orange stripe fade out is what really pops !

is the yellow really a bright lemony colour :ermm: or is that simply due to photography ?... it would look better darker (think Averland -rich but dark)

i'd look at leaving the rifles blacker instead of the grey..are you going for a "CAR smg" look?... otherwise a real stirling scheme 

Cheers, Mithril 

Nice :thumbsup:

The helmet is the stand out in it's simplicity but it really rocks :wub: the orange stripe fade out is what really pops !

is the yellow really a bright lemony colour :ermm: or is that simply due to photography ?... it would look better darker (think Averland -rich but dark)

i'd look at leaving the rifles blacker instead of the grey..are you going for a "CAR smg" look?... otherwise a real stirling scheme

Cheers, Mithril

It's that way on purpose, it follows the titan fall militia color scheme.

And I wanted to add another color that added more flavor to the base armor that wasn't as stand out as the orange.

I'll try out a darker tone, + I think I might try out some gritty effects, dirt, glowing lights and such.

Gritty tau, always looked better imho.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm trying out since different painting styles and trying to not spend forever painting these guys

Edited by Triszin

• 2 months later...

Can't wait for the Codex and start working on my T'au again. I'll finally be able to decide on a Sept for good (hopefully they'll write lots of new fluff for them as well). Tho I'm almost sure I'll stick with Sa'Cea unless something else fits perfectly for what I have in mind. ^^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's ... an interesting suit. :biggrin.:

Anyone that's played Titanfall/Titanfall2 will know exactly what this is turning into :woot:  ,

i really wish GW had used some titanfall aesthetics for T'AU...

but i'll settle for Triszin doing it instead :cool.:

Great work man, slow and steady, the legs are a great fit for NorthStar :thumbsup:  

Cheers, Mithril

I loved the Titanfall series, and I honestly thought of Tau when I started playing it. Youve captured that magic here, man. And made me decide to wait on Tau until my skills are much better than mine are now. Hahah

you can still do the breachers and fire warriors!

thanks for the compliments everyone

So, on a new commander....

load out.

Coldstar

x1 HOB

X2 Burst cannon

X1 ATS

Do I model it after "War machine" from the iron man comics/movies

or do I model it after " Monarch" from titanfall?

So, on a new commander....

load out.

Coldstar

x1 HOB

X2 Burst cannon

X1 ATS

Do I model it after "War machine" from the iron man comics/movies

or do I model it after " Monarch" from titanfall?

So the question is basically, big BC on the shoulder or both small ones on the shoulders?

Well considering that it'd be pretty hard to model the big burst cannon to be held like a real rifle I'd go for the shoulder mounted option. Btw. I just saw that War Machine often has a Missile Pod on his other shoulder as well so for a true War Machine build you'd have to replace the ATS with a Missile Pod. :P