+++Call of Chaos X+++

Thank you for your kind words guys - it's always a pleasure to interact with the Chaos crowd! :D

As to the next year theme, well, it cannot be Slaanesh again (sorry StD) or Malal - mostly due to lack of official imagery... The Fallen however? hmmm... :devil:

Hopefully in 2018 the release of 8th will have slowed enough that Captain Semper can run the ETL without also feeling like he's come under fire from several heavy machine guns at the same time. That's when we take on the Imperium, the Heresy old-timers and these new fangled aliens that showed up on the doorstep in one glorious free for all.

Dragonlover

Well, there used to be the Call of the Imperium... maybe we can revive this next year to run in parallel with the Call of Chaos? And then compare power levels to see who wins? (Not points , just to make it a bit different? That may be fun!

Thank you for your kind words guys - it's always a pleasure to interact with the Chaos crowd! :biggrin.:

As to the next year theme, well, it cannot be Slaanesh again (sorry StD) or Malal - mostly due to lack of official imagery... The Fallen however? hmmm... :devil:

That's not a bad idea actually - we did the four chaos powers - and thus the four associated renegade legions. There's still five renegade legions left, which also have a theme: fear for the Night Lords, the entire pantheon for the Word Bearers and perhaps the Black Legion, Siege warfare for the Iron Warriors, and Covert Ops/Cultists for the Alpha Legion, 

Thanks Captain Semper for another great event and once again driving me to get models painted. For the first time ever, I have an army where every single model I own for it is painted, and that just wouldn’t have happened without this event. Already looking forward to the next one!

Again, thanks everybody for the kind words! The crusade against the grey plastic continues unabated! :D

There we go, sig updated and I cunningly saved the medallion version as well to save me having to hunt for this thread when the next event happens and i need to downsize.

Dragonlover

Thanks so much for hosting the event, Semper! It was really fun to do and I hope I can participate in more painting challenges in the near future.

Like Dragonlover said, I'm going to save both formats of the badge just in case.

OK, keep in mind that there is an archive with all the official events of the Forge here: Official Events Archive

You can go through previous events, familiarise yourselves with the rules, find entries of fellow members and, of course visit the conclusion posts that include all the badges! :)

Thanks for another great event Semper, alas spawndom has taken me. I only managed to paint one of of my three models vowed and basecoat another. I’ve had a lot going on in real life as well which is annoying but to be perfectly honest building the Dreadclaw ended me. It just felt like an absolute chore.

Ps can someone advise me on how to add the failure badge to my signature?

Edited by Biohazard

Happy Days all round, I think I've recovered from the ridiculous last minute rush! My bitz parcel actually arrived the Sunday after the event, I little annoying, but I built the Gravewardens fully anticipating the arms would be repurposed somewhere else!!

Next time I will just bid the minimum necessary to get the badge I want!! I was sitting pretty until that last unit of terminators!!

Thank you for your kind words guys - it's always a pleasure to interact with the Chaos crowd! :biggrin.:

We need two events - one for Imperials, one for Chaos, and both use the Fallen as their banner .... :whistling:

Lots of ideas here, food for thought...

Anyways, now it’s time to unpin this thread but you can quickly recover it if you go to the Official Events Archive (you can find the link above in post # 361

Catch you all later! :)