Undivided Renegade Knight - Petey returns to Chaos

PeteySödes

(I love it when they call me) big poppa looks really good ☺️.

Edit: just realized there is second pair of knight legs in the background. A member of the duchess' retinue/house?

Edited by ranulf the revenant

I love how the statue has a tree growing over it, reminds me of dark souls:)

As for the smell, sounds like synesthesia, look it up on wikipedia's, fascinating stuff. Hope it smells as nice as it looks:)

I assure it it doesn't unless you love solvents, thinners and other things shortening my lifespan. :sweat:

The frame looks great so far, I love the weathering. One thing I might suggest is perhaps adding a hefty dose of verdigris to the statue. It's probably quite old.

Definitely! It got an initial oxidation pass thats somewhat visible but i'll for sure be adding more :D

The frame looks great so far, I love the weathering. One thing I might suggest is perhaps adding a hefty dose of verdigris to the statue. It's probably quite old.

Definitely! It got an initial oxidation pass thats somewhat visible but i'll for sure be adding more :D

Are the knee pads a preview of the armor color?

Are the knee pads a preview of the armor color?

Nope not yet! This was my initial test for the base coloration but its a biiiiit too close to the metallics now:

gallery_2327_16015_440555.jpg

I'm wanting to keep it dark and gritty, esp the really highlight the face which will be lighter. I just don't want it too dark to lose visual interest so i'll likely do the knees pretty soon to see how it fits. The other x-factor is the coloration of the symbols i want to "etch" on the armor plating. I still haven't totally nailed that down yet.

Edited by PeteySödes

I think im pivoting the colors like i said from last time due to the closeness of the grey and steel. Forgive the sloppy test and absorb the feel :P:

gallery_2327_16015_942777.jpg

I think it'll be a great basecolor to showcase some rusty dried (and some fresh) blood runes and symbols. It also i think has the benefit of looking fairly Imperial at a glance but the oils give it a really ancient and ominous look currently. I think ill also likely do a purple filter on the gold but need to wait for the oil to dry to test it. We'll see!

Here's the final scheme with the chaos wards!

gallery_2327_16015_407358.jpg

As such i started moving forward on getting that on the lower half:

gallery_2327_16015_1501702.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_1502545.jpg

And I took a crack at getting going on the main show...

gallery_2327_16015_154657.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_527.jpg

So i think I'm going to do the black streaking down the eyes but i cant shake the desire to see what blood would look like. Part of me thinks thats too obvious and boring though and the other thinks it would be terrifying. Any thoughts? I also think a rune painted on the forehead in blood would be cool but i wouldn't do both.

What do we think?

Fantastic paintjob so far!

My first thought was that:  NO! Nothing should touch this perfect face! Black eyes are already creepy.

By then it's all about corruption and fall from grace. Blood/engine oli tear trails would be awesome. Or what Mechanist is suggesting - make them look like tear trails from afar, but spider-scripture runes from close up. Like she's crying/oozing runes.