Mini Toy's n That

Lord_Borak

Thank-you for the battle report. Excellent stuff.

...back to your Warmaster, did you use transfers for the lettering on the carapace banners? Where'd you get them?

As the commander of the purpley peeps I just want to say I had a great time and this battle has re-ignited my drive to get my titans done.

Loved the game and am looking forwards to adding in all of the rules for the next game.

Big thanks to lord borak for loaning me his very pretty titans, and as the roller for all of the damage tables I apologise profusely for all of the nines and tens :)

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I managed to get any Titanicus done, mainly as I'm working on a little Necromunda project.

A mate of mine printed off some Plasma Blast guns for my Reavers. I've painted up 4 but only have 2 painted Reavers lol. So I'd better get my posterior in gear and paint up my last 3 Reavers!

2YPMPSh.jpg

hjyjvFI.jpg

hzLxsmC.jpg

These are very good. I’ve got a vague plan myself to try and get a plasma blastgun for a reaver roof. The only issue is that I think it would be far too powerful in game - but that’s really an issue for the rules and not models. Yours will look perfect when you have a couple more reavers to put under them.

These are very good. I’ve got a vague plan myself to try and get a plasma blastgun for a reaver roof. The only issue is that I think it would be far too powerful in game - but that’s really an issue for the rules and not models. Yours will look perfect when you have a couple more reavers to put under them.

Yeah, I get you. It's mitigated somewhat by a Warhounds Reactor but the Reaver doesn't have that as a major issue. On a Reaver it can't target anyone smaller than itself within short distance. So it's usually always going to be at -1 to hit. 30pts is pretty steep so you'd probably only see 1 in games anyway. I can't see myself fielding more than one in 1500pts and smaller.

I just loved the design and my Legio, fluff-wise, is supposed to be pretty damn good with plasma technology. So it made sense.

• 1 month later...
Been a while! But I have been a tad busy. I bit the bullet and bought a 3D printer so I've been having some fun with that. More printing and buiding than painting but I have managed to apply paint to a few things!!!

A Chain Fist for my Warlord.

MK1yIVT.jpg

DWu5Ejp.jpg

Some Teeny Tiny Armigers. Yes, they're not based! I know! I'm not sure whether they'll end up on 25mm bases or on 32mm ones........ who knows!

T4kCzzX.jpg

I've also done some more work on my Warmaster - Lux Aeterna. I'm hoping to have the Torso done this week. I'm still looking for some Heraldry for him to go in the little shields.

KKwu93p.jpg

TM77iof.jpg

2WKX4Ta.jpg

7YN8pqk.jpg

Oooh nice work! Especially the white on the warmaster.

Where did you get the Armigers from btw? Ive been looking for some for a while but not found any great STLs that arent 28mm that my printer guy said he would try with for 6mm :( I think 32mm bases would look a little better for them :) 

Ask and you shall receive!!

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/tool/6mm-almighurt-knight

As these are 6mm, I scaled them up to 133% to get 8mm. I don't think the files come supported but I can send you my file? 

Now I just need someone to make some rules for the little critters :wink:

Oooh yes if you could PM me them that would be awesome, a pre set up file is much easier to get my friend to print (Understandably :D ) 

We did have a small chat at our last campaign weekend about doing some rules, i might get some down on paper...

Thanks guys!

Ok, The Torso is finally finished. Minus some decals on the little shield things and on the Purple Plate above his head anyway. But I'm yet to work out what I want to put where with the Decals. So they can wait.

J8tr9X9.jpg
SHjVMYo.jpg
hjBGSuZ.jpg

Next up? I'm currently Painting up a load of Titanicus Scale Armigers and I shrunk down a 40k Las Impulsor so I could convert up 2 Knight Preceptors to lead them. 

Speaking of 3D Priners. I'm using a Voxelab Proxima 6.

EDIT:
To those more in the 'know' on Titanicus Rules. I'm thinking of putting 2 Armigers on a 50mm base to represent a Questoris Knight (who are normally on a 40mm base). Would there be an unfair advantage I could be getting from this? I don't want to be accused of "modelling for advantage"!
Edited by Lord_Borak

Base size wise, having a bigger base is pretty much all downside in AT, the minis might be a little shorter but that depends on your terrain set tbh, with us using the dropzone buildings it makes no difference :D We are gonna chat about some rules for armigers at our games night tonight, two to a base sounds reasonable as a compromise tbh as they come in pairs traditionally and have half the HP of a questoris. They have similar damage output and a faster speed but not hugely so.

Is possible ill get my lil Armigers off my buddy tonight too, so keeeeen :D  

I love the “two to a base counts as” idea.

The advantage of a larger base is board control: you gain a little bit more flexibility, say, in being able to charge stuff in opposite directions. But I would say this is a trivial advantage compared with the disadvantages Nosrenda highlights, like vulnerability to blasts and explosions.

You could also model a little bit of a hill to give them more height, but generally their extra width will probably compensate on the visibility front. Is it obvious what weapons they’d have?