BA Successor Chapter Tactics

Indefragable

I think we as BA are a too small community to get this problem adressed. AFAIK we are the only faction in the game that makes heavy use of +1 to wound. Sure, There are spells and single unit effects, but noone else relies army wide on this mechanic.

Any rule that negates someone else’s rules is bad Game Design. In this case transhuman should only apply to weapon strength. Though I am also against “wounds on a 2+ regardless of toughness”.

My Thousand Sons have an ability that adds +1S to shooting weapons, letting my bolters wound marines on 3+ - THP negates that rule. Similarly, other pay high points for strong weapons, that are simply negated by THP. 

I think we as BA are a too small community to get this problem adressed. AFAIK we are the only faction in the game that makes heavy use of +1 to wound. Sure, There are spells and single unit effects, but noone else relies army wide on this mechanic.

BA are, or were, one of the largest collector bases, I recall? GW don't seem to rely on player feedback though, just their tourney playtesters, and as we have a build that can do ok, I doubt we'll see mch change. 

Straying a little, though. 

The other trait that's great is expert crafters/equivalent. The free reroll per unit is just insane, basically 10+ free command points per turn. Imagine not having to burn a CP if a multimelta or lascannon misses?

The other trait that's great is expert crafters/equivalent. The free reroll per unit is just insane, basically 10+ free command points per turn. Imagine not having to burn a CP if a multimelta or lascannon misses?

It depends, it is good but it needs units built to take advantage of it. Really you need MSU to maximise the rerolls and you want only a small propertion of powerful weapons in each squad.

Lots of Primaris squads have uniform loadouts so benefit less from this trait. I am not saying it is bad at all, it just needs you to build you army around the concept to leverage effectively. Although I suppose that is true of most traits.

Agreed. Expert crafters really makes the best use of Tac marines though. Making those heavy weapon shots more reliable would be a huge boost to their output.

Agreed. However Master artisans can also work on certain MSU primaris units. It can improve the performance of the heavy weapon option on a squad of heavy intercessors, plasma pistol, thunder hammer or power fist on assault intercessor sergeant, the same with normal intercessors plus it can make the grenade launcher useful. 

Also useful for dreadnoughts (e.g. twin-las cannon venerable dreadnoughts) or vehicles with low-shot powerful weapons (e.g. Razorback with twin las cannons, repulsor/executioner with las cannons/talons or heavy las destroyer). 

In my local meta there are a few players who run Iron Hands successors with master artisans as one trait, they do pretty well. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering, would Tactical Withdrawal be something work pairing with either Duelist or WW? I would think being able to disengage from combat with one unit, shoot with a another unit(s), and then charge back into the combat would be pretty effective. But I was wondering if this is a combo other people have tried, and if so, how did it do? 

I was wondering, would Tactical Withdrawal be something work pairing with either Duelist or WW? I would think being able to disengage from combat with one unit, shoot with a another unit(s), and then charge back into the combat would be pretty effective. But I was wondering if this is a combo other people have tried, and if so, how did it do? 

I've combo'd WWoW and Tactical withdrawal, and they're really great - I won a local tournament with it. As I've said multiple times across the BA section, WW lets your dudes fight at over 100% efficiency (lets you inflict more wounds than you have attacks), and TW is great for board control and mobility, escape from fights you dont like, or fall back, shoot with other assets, then reengage.