Loadout Interrogator Chaplain

Greetings Brothers,

I'm in the process of converting a Interrogator Chaplain, but I can't decide between giving him a Bolt pistol or a Plasma pistol. I'm aware of the current Teeth of Terra- meta, but I want to resist modelling for the current flavour of the day. Which pistol would be more or less futureproof?

gallery_92826_13417_131981.jpg

Plasma is good against almost everything, even if it's just chipping a wound off. Bolt pistols are nearly useless. Also plasma pistols look awesome and the dark angels have a plasma fetish.

I would go plasma pistol.

Side note; really cool conversion idea.

Edited by Marshall Mittens

Good old bolt pistol is pretty much the standard issue.

My philosophy was always to get the working stuff and if points permitted then I would start putting some toys.

If you're handy with magnets your dilemma will have an easy solution!

Those are the same arguments that went through my head :biggrin.: In the end I cut both the options out and tried them on the model. The Plasma seemed a bit too slender for the bulk of the model, so I went with the beefy Mk3-pistol. Thanks for the help lads!

gallery_92826_13417_139575.jpg

Now I have to find a suitable Chaplain helmet, since the one I planned to use seems way too small for his torso.

gallery_92826_13417_392926.jpg

Nice work so far!

Are you able to get a hold of an old Khorne Berzerker plasma pistol? They are chunky and cool as hell.

He definitely needs a skull helm that is large enough to look natural, is the DV Chappy one big enough ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think we've found a winner, thanks for the help lads!

gallery_92826_13417_75074.jpg

The only helmets I can think of would be the Gravis ones or maybe the og primaris hooded chaplain helmet

Good call! Luck would have it that I actually had a head left from a previous conversion, thanks for the suggestion.

Nice work so far!

Are you able to get a hold of an old Khorne Berzerker plasma pistol? They are chunky and cool as hell.

He definitely needs a skull helm that is large enough to look natural, is the DV Chappy one big enough ?

Damn mate, that pistol looks magnificent! Too bad I only have Chaos-models that were included in Boxsets, so no random Berzerkers hanging around.