Will Squats get a 9th/10th Ed Codex before Daemons

Posted (edited)

Unless we get  a new codex with no new models, AM/IG is almost certainly going to get a new codex before daemons.

And I don't see it as cynically as StD - a new miniature line, while potentially more profitable, is a huge expense, and in comparison a new daemon codex is less expensive as aside from the cost of designing and printing the codex itself it is almost all sunk (so already paid) costs - rather its a matter of there being no rumours for daemons while there are for AM/IG.

And well absence of evidence is not necessarily evidence of absence, my money would be on the reason why aren't seeing any rumours of it yet is that there is nothing to rumour.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

As a rule of thumb leaks/rumours indicate what is coming next, or at least soon, so the lack of anything Daemons suggest that they're further away but as Rumi says it's by no means guaranteed. GW can keep a lid on things sometimes :P

I'd hope that all existing armies get a codex update before Squats arrive, as we're approaching the end of this cycle that means 10th will follow so maybe that will still be the case - wouldn't it be a good idea to launch Squats with 10th? New army, new edition, maybe in the new edition's box?

Chaos daemons was the codex I was looking forward to the most this edition to see what they change. DG's disgustingly resilient changed, but is nurgle's changing? What will the mono bonus(es) be? Are they limiting it to one greater Daemon per Detatchment? Will there be an undivided bonus? I heard chaos marines will be able to take 25% daemons, that's exciting. I'm sure chaos daemons will be out before WE or squats. Probably last of the current factions but before new ones.

I´m really looking forward too for a daemon codex but I think it will be far away, propably to q4 or something. but I tihnk the new codex will be great when it comes, just hope every god will get some new unit. 

I´m really looking forward too for a daemon codex but I think it will be far away, propably to q4 or something. but I tihnk the new codex will be great when it comes, just hope every god will get some new unit. 

I agree with the 1st point.

New units, though!? I think there's too many units in 40k. I still remember being able to name every unit in Codex Space Marines from memory in a couple of minutes.

• 5 weeks later...

Adding to this after quite some time has passed.

With the amount of news we get on the not-Squats, it seems safe to say that they will get their book before Daemons. Personally I see Daemons at some point in Fall, either before or together with the AoS StD book - and the new Daemon Prince as at least one new model for Daemons. I just hope it's not the only one...

Yeah I could do with some exciting Daemon stuff, I still have some Daemonettes and the mounted nettes from Wrath and Rapture to build but I have done so many over the years Im bored of them. The prince does look good but Im still working on a Belakor conversion I started at xmas time. 

Actually I just had a thought, as the prince is now massive I guess people will start moaning when I put the current mini down on the table, I still get people complaining that Im 'modelling for advantage' because I refuse to update my classic RoC era Greater Daemons with the new plastics.