Will Squats get a 9th/10th Ed Codex before Daemons

6 hours ago, Putrid Choir said:

So the GUO will now have -1 to be hit built in? And 5+++ is a spell he can cast? 

Not saying the new GUO is a side grade, but as someone who exclusively played DG in 8th and 9th edition, going from 5+++ to -1D is a pretty big downgrade. -1D is only better for 2D attacks, mathematically the same for 3D, worse for 4D+, and does absolutely nothing towards 1D and MW's (which is pretty much half the damage in the game). I've played games using the old 5+++ instead and the results were amazing. Specially if you bring more high wound units like Daemon engines or play armies like Grey knights or thousand sons that can dish out the MW. Not a fan of the nerf and is one of the reasons I quit playing 40k.

What I was driving at, dare I say defensively it might even be nurf !?

3 hours ago, Battle Brother Abderus said:

What I was driving at, dare I say defensively it might even be nurf !?

Could be depending on points! I mean if like the post above me is true and he keeps the native 5+++, then all is fine. I personally think -1 to be hit built in makes no sense, they are just about the largest and definitely fattest things in the 40k universe, I can't see one being like Neo from the matrix and dodging bullets haha. But the point cost for me will determine it. They are currently overcosted for what they do, so if they stay the same or don't go up too much with a few buffs that will be good.

With the changes to CP and only being able to take one per Detatchment (which is totally fair and realistic though), target saturation will be an issue. If you look at a pure 2k nurgle list, unless they bring soul grinders all the heavy firepower is going to wipe that greater Daemon right off the board no problem.

Time will tell!

Edited by Putrid Choir

2 hours ago, DeStinyFiSh said:

OK, seems WE have to wait for propper leaks.

According to Bols the GuO still has his 5+++ by default, which would make him much tougher than he is now. I hope this ist true to avoid him getting alpha striked to easy when going second.

The leaks i found from the warp hammer site/guy said that FNP was a cast and -1D and -1 hit were now natural. Has this been updated?

Edit it looks like the -1 hit is cast.

Edited by Battle Brother Abderus

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Battle Brother Abderus said:

I don't know how to articulate it, but I'm not getting that "fuzzy warm feeling" in my tummy about the 2022 Daemon's codex. Anyone feeling anything similar?

I am also not getting that fuzzy warm feeling. Nurgle daemons DR is being nerfed just like DG from 5+++ to -1 damage, and from the N&R page miasma of pestilence is also changing away from -1 to being hit. The more I find out, the less good it is getting. Greater daemons being one per Detatchment will really hurt them (although this part is not a surprise). I'm curious to see what they do with the book, I already stepped away from the hobby so I have nothing to lose, but was looking for something to draw me back in. Don't think this will be it. Time will tell, codex can't be too far out now.