College of Artisans
Event created by Brother Tyler
Part of the Warhammer World: Weekday Warhammer Events collection
Come and get all the help you need to finish your Warhammer projects or start on a brand new one, with the College of Artisans!
Refunds up to 7 days before event
About this event
4 days 8 hours
The College of Artisans is returning to Warhammer World for April 2023. Come and embark upon a new hobby project or work on a current one utilising our Hobby Assistants who will be on hand daily to offer help and advice! A ticket to the College of Artisans provides a space in Warhammer World to work on your hobby projects with a professional painting lamp, and includes an undercoating service, daily activities and plenty of support to assist with your hobby projects!
- Single Day: Access to the college of Artisans event for a single day.
- The Artisan’s Pass: Take part in all five days of the College of Artisans!
- Both ticket types include the opportunity to purchase a reduced cost exhibition ticket on the day(s) of your visit.
Ticket Price: Single Day £20, The Artisan’s Pass £100
Dates: Monday 10th April - Friday 14th April 2023.
Time: 10am - 6pm daily
Event Schedule (subject to change):
- Monday: For those with Artisan’s pass, , this is your chance to settle in, meet the other college attendees and get started on your project. Additional Monday activity to be announced closer to the event.
- Tuesday: Guided Exhibition Tour.
- Wednesday: Speed Painting Scenery .
- Thursday: Conversion Clinic
- Friday: Gaming.
College Details and Activities available:
Hobby Assistants: Each day the College will be run by staff from the Warhammer World store and events Team, with members of the Warhammer World teams on hand to offer help and advice as you work through your hobby projects.
Undercoating Service: Warhammer World will be offering a free undercoating service to all attendees. There will be three undercoating sessions a day where the models built can be taken and undercoated by the experienced Warhammer World Staff. Spray Undercoat will be provided.
Spraying service available on all models bought and / or built at Warhammer World. Each attendee may additionally bring 10x infantry sized or 1x vehicle / monster models pre-built, per-day, if they wish to focus on painting.
Guided Exhibition tour: On Tuesday there will be a guided tour around the exhibition where you'll have the opportunity to ask questions about the displays of miniatures and how all of the dioramas were built. College of Artisans attendees do not need to purchase an exhibition ticket for the duration of the Guided Tour, however a ticket will be required to visit the exhibition after the tour is completed.
Speed Painting Scenery: The Warhammer World Events team paints a vast amount of scenery to support the gaming events at Warhammer World! On Wednesday they’ll be demonstrating some of the techniques they use to paint large amounts of scenery quickly to a pleasing standard!
Conversion Clinic: Make the most of the Scrap Pile and build a custom character with the help of the Warhammer World Events team, who’ll be on hand to help find the perfect bits for you and support with some tips and tricks for converting models!
The Scrap Pile: From Hobby workshop supplies, to terrain building and paint challenges, Warhammer World has all manner of pieces in its collective ‘bit’s box’, perhaps even the perfect piece for your next conversion or diorama. A selection of parts from many different kits will be available for all participants to use during their time at the College of Artisans.
Gaming Opportunity: Gaming can be enjoyed anytime during Warhammer World’s opening hours throughout the week. Just chat with your fellow attendees and ask staff about reserving a gaming table. On Friday, we’ll arrange some smaller games to celebrate how much of your project you’ve completed with the opportunity to play against other attendees using the models you’ve been working on.
Food: Lunch is not included as part of the College of Artisan’s tickets, however Food can be purchased from Bugman’s Bar, which is Warhammer World’s dedicated bar and restaurant. It’s the perfect place to relax as your paint dries and serves a range of drinks, snacks, cakes and meals. The full menu can be found on the Warhammer World website, though please be aware the menu is subject to change:
Tools and knives: You will need to bring your own hobby supplies (paint, brushes, glue etc) to the College of Artisans event. Please also be aware that we do not allow hobby knives in Warhammer World.
Age Limit for attendees and Closing Times:
- The event is open to attendees aged 16+ and aged 12-15 with a guardian*.
- Warhammer World will shut at 6pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday Warhammer World is open until 10pm.
- The College of Artisans runs between 10am - 6pm. On Thursday / Friday evening attendees are welcome to continue hobbying past this time, though the hobby assistants won’t be present!
* Guardians must remain at Warhammer World for the duration of the College of Artisans event if accompanying a 12 - 15 year old attendee. Unless participating in the College of Artisans themselves, guardians do not need to purchase an event ticket, though exhibition tickets must be bought if accompanying younger visitors in the exhibition.
Each Attendee will also receive a special College of Artisans event pack when they arrive to help you out with your time at the College!
Of course you can also enjoy Warhammer World as all visitors do! Browse the entire Games Workshop range in our flagship Warhammer World store which includes dedicated sections for each of our game systems, with demonstration boards available so you can try something new, plus a range of exclusive items and merchandise. Explore and be inspired by all five areas of miniatures and dioramas in the Exhibition and don't forget to participate in Hunt the Assassin. Do battle in our hall full of free-to-use gaming tables, book a feature table for a truly unique gaming experience and don't forget to visit Bugman’s Bar & Kitchen where you can sit down, cast off your cloak, relax and feast from a wide selection of dishes from across the Mortal Realms.
If you wish to ask any questions or find out more about our events, you can contact us via email at:
For more information about what’s on at Warhammer World please visit us at:
And for information regarding our event privacy note please follow the link provided: https://warhammerworld.warhammer-community.com/privacy-notice/
Information regarding Covid-19 safety precautions at Warhammer World can be found here.
Please see terms and conditions below:
This ticket is issued by Games Workshop Limited (GW) for The College of Artisans April 2023 (Event) at the Warhammer World Venue, Lenton (Venue), and is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- No children under the age of 18 years will be admitted to the Venue unless accompanied and supervised by an adult aged 18 years or over. GW takes no responsibility for children under the age of 18, responsibility shall remain with the parent or guardian of the relevant child at all times.
- No smoking is permitted at the Venue other than in areas designated for smoking.
- No food or drink is to be brought into the Venue. The Venue will make available food and drink for purchase.
- The unauthorised professional use of photographic equipment is prohibited at the Venue.
- Event details, timings and car park arrangements are subject to change and should be checked prior to travelling.
- GW and the Venue both reserve the right to conduct security searches to all persons attending the Event and their possessions.
- GW and the Venue both reserve the right to, at their sole discretion, refuse access to, or remove from the Venue, without a refund any person who
- unreasonably refuses to be searched;
- is considered harmful, undesirable or offensive; or
- is deemed necessary to remove in the interests of security.
- The Venue is accessible to wheelchair users via the North entrance.
- Animals are not permitted at the Venue with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Official merchandise is only available inside the Venue.
- All attendees must be in possession of a valid ticket at all times. Defaced or altered tickets will become void and the holder may be refused admission.
- Neither GW nor the Venue accepts responsibility for personal property brought into the Venue.
- Entry to the Event is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, GW and the Venue exclude all liability for loss, damage or injury suffered by an attendee howsoever caused.
- Attendees shall be responsible to GW for any loss or damage to the Venue, furnishings or equipment therein caused by the wilful act or default of an attendee.
- Audiences may be filmed, photographed or recorded by GW or the Venue for broadcast, security and health and safety purposes. By attending the Event you consent to being so recorded without payment.
- GW may alter or vary the Event due to circumstances beyond GW’s control. If GW does vary the Event, no refund will be offered. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Purchased tickets cannot be resold without the express permission of GW.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, except in the case of a cancelled Event. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Any complaints regarding the Event should be made to GW promptly before or during the Event.
- The wearing of costumes at the Event is permitted only on the following basis:
- Costumes must not be comprised, in whole or in part, of any real (or realistic) equipment of any military unit in existence after 1900. This especially applies to camouflage clothing, helmets etc.
- Costumes must not utilise, in whole or in part, any real, scaled or replica weapons.
- Costumes that indicate allegiance or affiliation with any real political or military movement are strictly forbidden.
- Costumes must be designed with health and safety and public decency in mind.
- Costumes must be inspired by or relate to the worlds and universes created by Games Workshop.
- Attendees may be asked to alter or remove any unacceptable costume and/or accessories.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now