Is the current Terminator Captain mini in-scale with the current plast

Wasn't sure, but this seemed to be the right place to ask this. Like the title says, I am just trying to figure out if the current Termie Captain miniature (this guy: http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...&GameNav=10 ) is the same general size as the current plastic Terminators. I have some of the old Termie models and they are noticably smaller than the new figs, and if the captain is the same size as the old stuff I will probably just convert one up from a current model. My problem is that the place I get my 40k stuff from doesn't keep much in stock - they take special orders with a discount and I'd be gambling on it being the right size if I ordered one now.

(BTW, I am assuming that the new Termie Chaplain is appropriately sized since IIRC it came out after the new Termies, but I cannot remember when the captain fig was released. The chappy is the right size too, isn't he?)

Thanks in advance.

The Termie captain model you're asking about is, indeed of a smaller scale than the newer terminator plastic models. He is of the same scale as the older metal terminator models.

This being the case, he'll still make an excellent model for an Inquisitor wearing terminator armor.

I Just put them next to eachother for a comparisson and I regret to inform you the Captain, being of older stock, is indeed considerably shorter. However, nothing a bit of plasticard under the feet can't fix. Give him a scenic base to lift him slightly up over his troops and he's good to go; that way the difference isn't really noticable.

And it's still a great looking mini! :unsure:

++EDIT++ Moved to PC&A

Thanks everyone for the replies. Seems like he is indeed shorter than everyone else - but I will follow daeothar's suggestions of plasticard 'elevator shoes' and maybe a simple scenic base (my modeling skills are not the highest so this might be a tricky part). Hopefully this will be enough to keep him from looking too shrimpy when fielded with the rest of the Deathwing.

Thanks again!

Sorry for being off topic but I am really curious about this quote by Marovingean:

Marovingean

This Years Slayer Sword Winner

Freelance painting/converting done as well,

call me.....

How can this be true in any way when the first Golden Daemon competition has not even happened (France, april 15th). Isn't that deceptive advertising of your services? And even if you had a slayer sword from last year, it would be nice to know which of the nine (at least as I did not count the staff slayer swords that are starting to appear, some that are from semi official events or anything that I forgot) different sword winners is yours.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if the Terminator Captain comes with separate or attached arms ? I want to fit him with a pair of lightning claws. I think it's be easier if I only had to put new arms on him. Same question for the head, attached or separate ? Can anyone tell me ?

Thanks,

Chapy is a bit too small, you can work a little against this if you fix his arms a little higher (but keep in mind head lvl). Any classic method used (by true-scale fans) work too but are far more time consuming (even quite hard on second though after a close look at the mini :ph34r: ).

This being the case, he'll still make an excellent model for an Inquisitor wearing terminator armor.

Hmmm frater Huh, this one is an inquisitor wearin exo. Well, far too huge for non Astarte. Makes a good Grey knight personality IMHO

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Dark-Sensei/hrjig-complete.jpg

DS

Hi guys,

I'd like to know if the Terminator Captain comes with separate or attached arms ? I want to fit him with a pair of lightning claws. I think it's be easier if I only had to put new arms on him. Same question for the head, attached or separate ? Can anyone tell me ?

Thanks,

The Storm Bolter arm is entirely separate but the power sword arm is not (it's just his hand)

Archived