Legio E-Zine

Brother Tyler

I'd be happy to help proof-read articles and offer advice on their improvement. Despite the standard of my posts (which I put down to typing), I do have a good working knowledge of the English language. Honest!

I think that the final thing we have to hammer out is the rest of the "staff". Is there anyone who would like to volunteer on a long-term basis to help out on the editing staff? The role of the staff will be to assist in proofreading,screening articles, perhaps helping contributors to improve articles, etc. Depending on what we decide for the "Ask" segment, someone might get that job, though that might be more fun than work. The real work will be done by the contributors, except for the final bits of putting it all together and converting it into suitable files.

Yep, no prob. As I mentioned -

I cannot stress the importance of editing mistakes if ever we get a magazine going. I personally volunteer to proof read everything, as well as anything else I can contribute.

It's strange, but spelling mistakes in publications make me feel uneasy. Firebase is nice and all, but they have spelling mistakes. Which is not good.

So I'd be glad to volunteer, I've written an article for the University newspaper as well, so I can always contribute in that fashion too. Obviously this would be in a trial basis,a s I have academic commitments, and imy critical third year of studies is coming up.

are we going to be looking into sponsorship? or somethinf to get the e-zine running... what about distribution and spreading the word?

- I like the idea of batreps that involve at least one 'power armoured' opponent. But of sourse not tailored for the PA to win... one game one result.

- I like the idea of an ongoing fluff story... but maby for a few issues. Then begin a new story... but linked in somekind of way. Or we could link the e-zine fluff with the cross-board fluff challenge.

- What about tactical advice for the power armoured gamer?... I volunteer to come up with articles or help provide ideas and concepts.

Anyhow looks like it is comming along well!... cheers

- I like the idea of batreps that involve at least one 'power armoured' opponent. But of sourse not tailored for the PA to win... one game one result.

I suggest that the players at least play one or two test games before the "batrep battle", this to avoid an early slaughter on one opponent as both players get an feel of their enemy.

Undecided at this point. I have Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat. Contributors could easily submit via PM or text with attached images, though. Note that my boss/accountant won't let me spend any more money on software, so I'm unable to get anything nifty.

This would normaly be made in QuarkXpress or Indesign

I prefer Indesign.

Whad can we use along the lines of artwork?

Is it ok to use GW items of the net and scans out of books, if not than it wil be hard to get enough arwork.

... what about distribution and spreading the word?

How about a downloadable picture/link for sigs? Most members of this forum participate on other forums too. it wouldn't be long before it appeared in sigs across the net.

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if we could use this in a plot for world domination? :P

As for artwork. I have to admit i haven't illustrated much in the past couple of years - so I'm sure I'm pretty rusty. But I could do illustrations....as long as they involve paper (I have zero knowledge when it comes to graphic design software).

:huh:

My wife would castrate me if I tried that.

Maybe I'll start playing the lottery a bit.

Assuming no one has either of those programs, and keeping in mind that we're going to keep this limited in page count (not getting 100 pages like Firebase), would there be anything wrong with simply converting a Word doc to a pdf? I can do some passable stuff (see the downloadable version of Codex: Exorcists in the Librarium, the downloadable Codex: Space Marines Redux speculation in the ARP (deliberately in a very rough format - not "polished"), the downloadable Arena of Death tabletop rules in the forum of the same name, and the downloadable version of my SUB40K rules here - nothing great, I know, but not utterly retarded).

Of course, if any of you has appropriate software/skills/experience and can take care of this aspect of the process, that would be great, too.

File size will be an issue, especially with the graphic-intense nature of our hobby, but we might mitigate that through mulitple files and auto-exec zip files (I have that).

If word documents with text and images are collected, id be happy to try and make a booklet of it, i have the software.

But i will need files to be deliverd. And i need to know what i can and cant use out of GW publications.

I dont know if RL will get in the way but i'm willing to give it a try, as long as people help along the line of graphics and text and booklet arrangement of articles.

really like it!

love the chaos and eagle. Although it might look better like half and half, top to bottom instead of side to side... Just a thought.

so how long would each issue be? or are we making it a from (blank) to (blank) amount of pages.

Cheers

Its not for printing so its not that importend to set a fix set of pages, we would just need to think what do we want in it and ask people to make it.

So batrep(s)

some painting

some modeling

a compotition maybe

what else

O and i'v tryed the half half but this looks better in my eye's but i might fade the hard line between the two.

When we speak of "page count", though, we're really talking about the amount of content. By setting a reasonable metric, we present enough material to appeal across the spectrum of our hobby while not requiring so much as to put too much pressure/work on everyone.

Archived