FW Nurgle Dreadnought-DONE, new and better pics :)

Starks333

• 1 month later...
dude the model is so kool im amazed you got so good in 2 years :turned:

but anywho how did you manage yo do the water coming from the pipe or is it a trade secret

--anggrath--

clear nylon thread covered in water effects...nylon thread is too tough to shape well though, so id suggest finding an alternative, or maybe just a thinner thread, not sure as to the thickness of mine...it was just convenient i had the thread already curved like that....i suppose if you cut a plastic straw(clear) or somethign to that effect you could possibly shape it a bit better

Starks

I'll use the tutorial for typhus, will it be the same with black undercoat?

NO!

refer to post #33 ...... ;)

sorry :) , can I ask how you did the lovely metal?

controlled and successive washes of chaos black, i used some blue and brown as well at times whenever i wanetd something different

and heres me again how did you make the elevated part of the base plastic, wood enlighten me.

back on topic the model is lovely i agree with that the model is extremely detailed most fw things are. i wish i could paint as well as you

--anggrath--

its just fimo, obviously shaped to form on the base, peeled off the base and then cooked, glued to the base and then sanded

painting as well as the dreadnought is just practice, thin paint, and then some washes and glazes is all i used, nothing complex

learn to contorl transparent layers of paint and you are will on your way

• 3 months later...

Fantastic job have you made an army of nurgle or just a dread?

If you made an army please post photos..

For the very beginner in paint,do you think it's possible to make a good result if i undercoat white,paint in dheneb stone or tallarn flesh and after pass a black chaos ink?

For the very beginner in paint,do you think it's possible to make a good result if i undercoat white,paint in dheneb stone or tallarn flesh and after pass a black chaos ink?

not the best photos ill be retaking them soon:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/40k/Nurgle/

not an army persay, but more than a dread B)

your technique can work, whether or not it will get you what you want, i dont know, but it can work...you might want to use catachan green first in a wash..and then chaos black, just to give some colour

these two videos i made recently may help you with this

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Star...nt=100_4732.flv

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Star...nt=100_4745.flv

Well i look your link for DG,after crying a lot i must tell you i LOVE your job..

I look your colour,i think for a beginner like me the most equal to have a little same scheme is white basecoat,after rotten flesh for base and brown (like earth colour)wash and maybe camo wash no?

I like how it looks like a DG should. I can still easily visualize the gleaming white and green but with 10,000 years of weathering and infestation since it is still whitish but stained looking. I can't imagine the DG consciously repainting their armor, and obviously they don't just cover themselves in :) . So this is how they should be, sort of like world eaters should still have white armor with blue shoulder guards, only soooo much gore that it is practically just red and brown with flecks of white left over the WE would never repaint armor, they're too lazy/busy removing body parts to do something that the blood of their kills does better.

Well i look your link for DG,after crying a lot i must tell you i LOVE your job..

I look your colour,i think for a beginner like me the most equal to have a little same scheme is white basecoat,after rotten flesh for base and brown (like earth colour)wash and maybe camo wash no?

that would most likely work well, youd have the greenish colours, the beige and the browns which is a lot like what ive done...you might even consider having a few test paint jobs, you could try out a couple things, and maybe even the tutorial for this style, its pretty simple, and you might be able to do it quite well after only a little practice(or change it to do it how you want to)

aside from practicing and trying different things out theres not much i can suggest for you

Starks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

not the best photos ill be retaking them soon:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Starks3333/40k/Nurgle/

not an army persay, but more than a dread :)

your technique can work, whether or not it will get you what you want, i dont know, but it can work...you might want to use catachan green first in a wash..and then chaos black, just to give some colour

these two videos i made recently may help you with this

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Star...nt=100_4732.flv

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Star...nt=100_4745.flv

OH MY GOD Starks333, I have just now found this thread and your tutorial, my paints have quite obviously not been thinned enough, and I havent quite been understanding your suggestions until now, THANKYOU :P

Archived