Dante conversion with sculpting

Blindhamster

hi all... i must say im shocked at sudden notice of this old mini... I sold him on ebay quite some time ago, didnt get a whole lot for him but thats cool.

as for how he was painted... i did a basecoat of brown on the gold areas then painted over that with brazen brass and then shining gold, i did shading using purple washes and brown washes then highlighted that with shinging and burnished gold and then burnished and finally burnished and mithril silver..

the rest wasnt that awsomely painted really, the axe was just purples up to pinks with some purple ink, the glow on the matt areas were the same purples, the glow on metal areas was done using a few carefully placed purple ink glazes to help keep it shiney.

skin was brown (i think scorched) then dwarf flesh then elf with mixtures of those between, final highlight was elf flesh plus a bit of white... then i did some glazes of purples and reds and browns...

think that pretty much covers it.

I did consider doing some more of this model or casting it but really didnt see the point, it was nicer as a special piece...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived