=][= Call of Chaos: Frater Domus Entries =][=

Awsome entries mates. And congrats to the winners! Well deserved, i think they're excellent minis. Well painted, nice bases with great atomsphere. That goes for all of the top 3. Would have been fun to participate, (altough i would have had my ass handed by the winners) but having no chaos bits i hope the next competition concerns loyalists. :unsure:

Oh, and i'm dying to find out who painted what.

I couldn't even vote in this because the entries were too damn good to narrow down to just three. Lots and lots of talent crammed into one contest, I'm glad I never got the notion to try my hand in this one. :unsure: Great job guys, all of you.

Mine was #3, the Fabius Bile conversion. I'm glad I didn't win, because after seeing the entries; I didn't deserve it. I am also glad that the three I voted for all placed, and in all honesty, I would have voted my own 5th or 6th.

Great work, Brothers!

Thanks for the votes, guys. I haven't posted anything here in forever, but I was basically told to get off my butt and do something. I tried a couple techniques that I don't normally use, and I'm glad people approve of the results. :(

Wonderful! I think many people will learn a lot from the entries in this contest! Grats to the winners and grats to everyone who participated. I hope many of the entrants have some tutorials of how they painted their minis (Cheers to Maniac for his links This one in particular)

Congratulations to all the winners! Especially those guys who got 3rd and 4th (but have yet to be announced).

I didn't win but at least I walked away with some better understanding of why my photos came out so badly and also the motivation to improve on my painting.

Hope to see more competitions from Bolter and Chainsword!

P.S: Mine is that horrible entry 20.

Congradulations to the winners on a job well done. You guys should feel very proud of your accomplishments!!

I am very glad to have been a part of this contest. Thanks B&C! You guys rock!

GAR

Congratulations to all of the entrants and to the winners.

You all did a great job and the victory was well earned.

My entry was #14 (Khorne Icon Bearer). Now that the voting has ended,

I'll post my progress in my blog.

I am particularly interested in Chrono's Night Lord and the conversion of

the lightning claw.

Also, in one angle, the rock under the mini seems to have a face looking

back. I'm sure it is just the painting but I am positive I can see two eyes.

Thanks,

Tom

Well, for me, it was a bunch of experiments of things I'd never done wrapped into a single model (#34): full-model ink washing (Except for the robe), painting a Marine in blue (Or anything OTHER than my original Loyalists scheme, for that matter), the "glowing lens" look (With the eye in the forehead), attempting Ap0k's highlighting method on the gold (Though obviously he had better results ;)), painting horns, using a transfer (My Lords of Oblivion are pure free-hand), etc. Not to mention I've learned my picture-taking abilities still needs some work.

I didn't win, but I learned a freak-ton of new techniques and gained valuable experience for painting my up and coming Chaos army in a whole new way, which is good for me, so I can break out of the mold of how I've been doing my Lords of Oblivion for the last five years, and maybe even learn a trick or two I can take back to them when I get around to trying to finish my Battle Company for them.

Anyway, as for the other entries, bloody fantastic stuff. My favorites were 3, 10, 13, 30, 31 (AWESOME conversion there), 35, 38, 39, and 44. Kudos again to everyone for their fantastic work. ;)

Hey, congrats to the winners. The nightlord is simply amazing!

It was a great contest. I enjoyed it and would do it again (but more disciplined ;) ).

So until next time (or hopefully in the near future when I get something of my army done) ;)

Congrats to the winners and to all who participated. Thanks goes to the B+C and Kurgen for organising and also the guys who put up the prizes.

I didn't enter this one but I've enjoyed following the whole thing. More importantly it's motivated me to enter the next one (whenever that might be).

A great contest, well run and and some stunning figures as a result.

Thanks for the votes, guys. I haven't posted anything here in forever, but I was basically told to get off my butt and do something. I tried a couple techniques that I don't normally use, and I'm glad people approve of the results. :devil:

Definitely! Your entry was my favourite, there was so much to like about it.

Gar's entry is one I liked a lot too.

Well, I don't mind posting the final results. (not that I would get many votes as my model was not that exciting... at least when removed from the rest of the unit :D ) Next time.. I need to take more pics...

Archived