Terror wing

Brother Nihm

pics of the three together soonish please? when you starting number 4?
You slave-driver you. :lol:

I cleaned the mould-lines from number 4 yesterday but, I'm pondering a minor helmet conversion because some of the horns looks silly.

these are looking great . cant wait to see more..the freehand markings are just great!

random question about the new plastic terminators.... are they the same size as the old metal ones , ? as i have a bunch of the metal ones but if they dont really fit in any longer i wont bother to paint them ,,

As TDA pointed out, the metal ones are smaller but I do believe that you can still use the new plastic arms on the old models. Don't hang me if you can't though. :P

I have always been a fan of your work, Nihm. The painting style is very smooth and clean looking. It is very eye catching to me.

Now, what I want to really see is a group shot of your army. With all of the details and free hand that you put into each and every model, it much be a hell of a sight to see.

Paint faster, Nihm. xD

Alpha

Thank you :thanks:

An army shot?

Yes Sir, at the speed I'm painting you must remember to look for it sometime in 2012! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Love your painting skills Nihm. I know what it is like to paint slow, but atleast you are dedicated enough to paint your models (unlike some of us that have models with nothing more then a coat of black). And i second Alpha on having an army photo (please).

Messanger

I had initially planned for the broken i-beam to jut out of the ground somewhere over to the right but as I was tired (and therefore wasn't really thinking very well) I sort of just stuck it into the spill pipe's mound.

Maybe I can salvage it by putting in some more details, on the bare spot in front of his left foot. (?)

Any suggestions, or should I just leave it be?

I had initially planned for the broken i-beam to jut out of the ground somewhere over to the right but as I was tired (and therefore wasn't really thinking very well) I sort of just stuck it into the spill pipe's mound.

Maybe I can salvage it by putting in some more details, on the bare spot in front of his left foot. (?)

Any suggestions, or should I just leave it be?

Anyone? :P

Lovely work so far Nihm...

The painting on these guys is awesome.

as far as the base goes, I think it is fine as is, but if you wanted to add more details you could ry for bolter shells or perhaps a few limbs.... I think anythig bigger than taht would look out of place unless partially buried - and that would requires digging up part of the base.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Widowmaker.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, I think that I will go with spent bolter casings made out of brass rod.

Here's a small update,

gallery_11038_549_247958.jpg

I still need to paint both shoulderpads, the helmet (which will be converted), the combi-plasma arm (I'm working on getting more combi-bolters).

I finished converting the helmet.

Third helmet from the left : link

Inspired by Blizzards game Diablo:

gallery_11038_549_3193.jpg

Now to get it primed and painted.

Great helm idea Nihm, looks truly "evil" :( How long did it take to do?

P.S. Cheers for the Brassy Gold recipe, will be trying it out this weekend on Termy Chappy's Crozius ;)

BCC

I really wish you would paint faster, Nihm. I love your painting style and army, but you consider painting fast as getting two models done in a week. :jaw:

Nice helmet conversion, by the way. When I get to my Slaanesh army, I might still that idea.

Alpha

@battle captain corpus

Thanks, it took me about a day and a half, for some reason the GS took ages to cure.

@Alpha PTP

Thank you!

As for the speed with which I paint, I really wish I painted faster as well, but aside from work I have a lot of time-stealing enterprises.

And fast for me (this year) is actually more like 1 model per month. ;)

I'm not the fastest painter but I'm cutting more corners and lowering standards and just plane being less anal. Still waiting for that tutorial. I'll probably start the next one (Bleak Brotherhood maybe?) later this month. I got a tonne of Diseased Sons to do including some totally extreneus Terminators. I always fully assemble my models I know it hides detail but I like to have something to show for my work. I'm getting into the swing of things as far as updating the WIP thread, but after July I may be back to zero time for 40K.

Wow, Brother Nihm, wow. Your Night Lords look great!

But I'm not going to get on you about painting slowly, keep taking your time. It seems to be paying off for you. You couldn't possibly work any slower than me, so don't feel bad.

That power mace looks really nice. What colors did you use on it?

• 2 weeks later...

Nihm, quick question that I don't think has been addressed anywhere else in this thread - how are you attaching the shoulder pads to the terminators? Are you just using glue or is there some magnet-trickery going on?

I'm trying to work out how best to temporarily attach Terminator shoulder armour so that I can swap magnetized arms out easily without buying loads of Terminator sets... which is what I'm trying to avoid doing.

The termies look great, by the way, you've partly inspired me to get some Chaos forces of my own and create a Terminator-based speartip force.

Regards,

Blackavar

The Night Lords are allways cool, i once thought about painting them and while i was experimenting with the lightning effects i found that adding very subtle highlights around the lightning streaks themselves enhances then effect.

I love the style in which you've painted them.

That power mace looks really nice. What colors did you use on it?
The purple is an experiment, from the top of my head I'd say it was Liche Purple, Tentacle Pink and purple washes. It took ages to get it to look even half decent. :)

Nihm, quick question that I don't think has been addressed anywhere else in this thread - how are you attaching the shoulder pads to the terminators? Are you just using glue or is there some magnet-trickery going on?

I'm trying to work out how best to temporarily attach Terminator shoulder armour so that I can swap magnetized arms out easily without buying loads of Terminator sets... which is what I'm trying to avoid doing.

All my shoulderpads are glued on. I guess you could magnetize the pads themselves as well but I figured that the NL symbol wouldn't be too hard for me to replicate - should the need for a new arm arise.

The Night Lords are allways cool, i once thought about painting them and while i was experimenting with the lightning effects i found that adding very subtle highlights around the lightning streaks themselves enhances then effect.

I love the style in which you've painted them.

Duly noted, thanks! :wub:

On a side note, Terminator number four is almost done. I will be posting pictures of him (and the promised group shot) this week.

Stay tuned. ;)

Do you scrape your basecoats off before glueing? I've always had a hard time getting stuff to hold together if theres a layer of paint in the way. Sorry if this has been asked.
Yes I do, I often scrape most of it off - and all of it whenever possible.

Finally finished,

gallery_11038_549_89131.jpg

gallery_11038_549_73466.jpg

(hideous flash)

gallery_11038_549_29224.jpg

Edit: forgot the group shot. Now if only I had a level surface to place them on..

gallery_11038_549_80140.jpg

I think I'll paint something non-terminator before moving on with the next one :mellow:

Your work looks fantastic!!!

Nihm, is it possible to get a step-by-step on your painting techniques. I've got 2500 points of marines sitting around ready to be painted in Salamanders colors, but I have no clue where to start. I just don't have a clue how to paint them to look good, though.

Help would be much appreciated.

love the models man, me and a few friend are going to be doing a tale of four gamers actually and since I have been rereading Lord of the Night I am going with night lords just w/ a darker color tone (darker blue, brass instead of gold)

Archived