What companies are people running

sasquatch224

Currently gathering bits for a 6th Company force, after that I may expand into 4th Company.

I will do some 1st Company marines at some point, but I'm still undecided on whether to us 40mm bases so they'll be 40k legal, or use 31mm tiddlywinks as they look better (it would also make scratch building Space Hulk boards a lot easier, as those 9mm do add up.)

I've got my 4th company(green blood drop) I of coarse have massive amounts of 10th company scouts from before our codex was re-written, and huge amounts of the 1st company... All in all, i am very close to having 3 Companies of Blood Angels

You know, I think the ones who got the least love was big ole number 6, and lucky 7. but really, i'm not even remotely suprised to see that everyone plays 2-7. 10th would be....ow... to play. and 1st, you might just play DA deathwing with some assault.... I'm goin 8th personally. I'm so jump pack heavy it's rediculous ( seriously, I've got one and half tac squads in 1500.), and a little bit of borrowing from 1st to throw a vas or two in there.

Although I'm doing a successor chapter, I have 1st and 2nd Company Angels Sanguine in my army, going to be doing the standard blood angels red look for my 1st company though. I have some fluff that fits with the Angels Sanguine more I think, it goes hand in hand with their red and black half colour scheme and all 2nd Company will be in the AS colour scheme. Shame there really isn't that much fluff on AS or I'd probably do a different company, however since there isn't, I'll stick with 1st and 2nd... now only to think up some names to replace Dante, Corbulo and Mephiston... hmm. :lol:

Second Company, mainly because of the transfers as other people have mentioned... trouble is, now I've discovered the metal shoulder pads I really want to re-make what I've got with those pads... I could really spend too much money without even trying. ;)

Captain Casimiro's Second Company is currently engaged in a long-running series of skirmishes against the Dark Eldar... and we're 3-1 up at the moment!

I do the 8th Company, just because I like to fly and punch through a vehicle's rear armor if they get too close, and also to flank everyone and everything, and have all of my army go from one side of the board to the other, and still come back.

EDIT: This is the 8th company under Brother-Captain Infernus, who was succeeded by Captain Sarius. Some dude and I hammered that out on TO.

Originally, I did 3rd Company because of Captain Tycho, but then I found this awesome model, got started on Captain Parcival and his Grail Guard, and painted the white blood drops over with yellow.

The Grail Guard is made out of the Masters of the Chapter metal miniatures and the plastic Captain from Assault on Black Reach. In Apocalypse games it will be their job to protect Brother Corbulo as his body guard.

Second Company, mainly because of the transfers as other people have mentioned... trouble is, now I've discovered the metal shoulder pads I really want to re-make what I've got with those pads... I could really spend too much money without even trying. :D

Greenstuff pressmolds my friend... I've got so many pressmolds and casts of different bitz- I could have easily spent another $1000 on bitz orders(back in the day when they had them) if I ordered every single shoulderpad and bit... shoulderpads alone would have cost me, what-like $300 bucks?

• 2 months later...
My Brother-in-law's army, which I painted, and the bulk of it is still at my place, is based mainly around the 6th (Tactical Reserve) Company under Brother Captain Diablo. Serious inroads have been made with the 1st and 10th Companies as well though. The double yellow blood drops of the 6th Company are fairly easy to do, either free-hand or decals. The Original focus of the army (when started in 2nd Ed) was bikes, as the 6th Company is a reserve bike formation, despite being all tactical marines.

I'm undecided although I have the 2nd company logo on 2 of my marines. The rest are lacking company markings. The 9th Company is obviously unused (An all Devestator company is kind of hard to field in a standard battle <_< )

I haven't painted any pauldrons yet, but I was going to field 5th as well, incorporating elements from the 1st as well as maybe an extra squad or two from the 8th assault company. I might change it now, though, considering all the 5th company players here.

Archived