The Other Gods of Chaos

Commander Skaav

Also someone said why not stick to the four GW has. Well because it stifles creativity I think. Come to think of it having only four chaos gods seems too ordered! There should be a plethora of them!

Umm... have you even read the fluff? It states that there are hundreds of lesser Gods. So what's stopping you making up a name, and having your army dedicated to your newly created God? What more do you want? If you want a benefit to each god, with each having its own actual mark, then there can't be more than nine Gods, one for each stat.

Also, I don't know what books you've been reading, but I can name dozens of Warhammer things that aren't ripped off of Moorcock books. Such as Nurgle being copied off Nergal, ancient Babylonian God of war and pestilence.

Yes, but try reading those books someday...and there is alot of stuff that GW probably got the ideas from.I never said steal dude,I just meant they were probably influenced and got alot of the ideas

of Chaos from Moorcock!And name something that was thought up by GW dude! :) and I'll tell you

where it originally came form!I've read tons of the fluff! :)

I never said they stole them either, I just stated that Moorcock isn't the sole influence on Chaos. Some of the other posters sounded like they thought that GW just took some of Moorcock's ideas, and placed them in Warhammer. If that wasn't what they were actually saying, then I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

And yes, I can name many of the things GW got inspiration from as well. Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now for Night Lords, Babylon/Dante for Blood Angels, Mesopotamian demons for Dark Angels, Babylon/Greece/Egypt for Eldar, everything for Chaos, La Morte d'Athur for Bretonnia. I can go on.

I understand, ^_^ I even found out where they got the idea for the spacemarines a book called

Starship Trooper By Robert Heinlin,(incidently about ST,if want to learn more about them,Don't

watch movie,read book!It has alot of info on Spacemarine type stuff!Including Power armour and Termi armour!)The jump pack itself was a real life creation, from along time ago but never got off the ground!Orcs were thought up by Tolkien,But actually he even found out about them from older sources!

So the hunt goes on!For info stuff like that! :wub: ^_^ :mellow: :o :HQ:

• 1 month later...

Nurgle, Slaanesh and Khorne could easily also be applied to several of the Qliphoth.

Nurgle being a mix of Ghagiel and Thagirion,

Khorne being Golachab

And Slaanesh being A'arab Zaraq (possibly with a bit of Gamaliel mixed in).

TDA

• 4 months later...
Nurgle, Slaanesh and Khorne could easily also be applied to several of the Qliphoth.

Nurgle being a mix of Ghagiel and Thagirion,

Khorne being Golachab

And Slaanesh being A'arab Zaraq (possibly with a bit of Gamaliel mixed in).

TDA

It seems quite a few deities from our own history can be attributed to those in the Warhammer 40,000 realm then. :)

And well, you have to agree that it's pretty dang hard to think up actual original content these days :lol:

Not much left to do after what, 6000-7000 years of literature :lol:

TDA

I guess so, even I find when I write my fan fiction I end up doing a little historical research, mainly for the names like Daedalus for example, to check on the spelling, but also for text peices like speech written in Latin as another example (I mainly use the internet, where I have found a translation site that will translate English into Latin).

But I doubt that even after 6-7000 years of literature, that this is just it, there's more to it than we could imagine I feel.

Archived