Sons of Horus blog

Haakon Ironheart

tey look very nice, but i think that they are a little too green, i always imagined that the SoH were like a very light green, more like the jade tigers minis that were in the GD a couple of years ago,

here is the pic

http://gamesday.us.games-workshop.com/GamesDay2006/Baltimore_2006/Coverage/goldendemons/images/models/2_silver.jpg

hope that helps explain what im talking about.

BLARGAG!!!

I just finished Horus Rising and am part way through False Gods. From the description at the start of FG, I was under the impression that the Luna Wolves had white armor, while the Sons of Horus' was like Jade:

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~rw2p/cs647/dem...jade_bssrdf.bmp

I'll have to find the exact quote, but something about Loken not being used the the new pale green armor, missing the clean white of the Luna Wolves.

maybe a little bit of adept battlegrey in the mix but it's a good looking green.

You may want to switch up the backpack banners so they are all not the same.

variety is the spice of life :cuss

Now you need an assault squad maybe some devs and a Heavy and your good to go.

~I can't see your pictures ;)

The Sons of Horus were Dark Grey with a green tinge and slightly metallic, so if you mix Codex Grey, Boltgun or Chainmail and Scaly Green together you get the colour. There is an Index Astartes article on it in an old WD and there might be on the librarium.

The Luna Wolves were light grey, on the cover of Horus Rising and Flase Gods.

Hope this helps,

FOE

I like your models thus far, and I always imagined the Green a little bit brighter. But, the models have come out very nice thus far. The paint jobs are pretty darn good and if you like the models thus far then I would stick with what you have already come up. I can't wait to see more of them in the near future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived