Cyber hounds

PirateRogue

I had an idea while looking through some Necromunda stuff. A handler and a pack of cyber hounds. I played WHFB and the chaos hounds packs always ran amok and killed lots so I thought cyber hounds for an AM army. Then I looked in the chaos book and saw nothing that looked like a pack of hounds or chaos beasts or anything. So does anyone have any ideas where I can find some base points for a pack of hounds? Or mabye some kind of scale to measure points in 40k against fantasy?

My AM army is going to end up being a hodgepodge of stuff from different codexes, basically a fun game army. So regulation published points and rules from some codex, but I'll pull stuff from all different codexes.

Thanks for any help you all can be.

oh yea, what rules do you all typically use to represent your AM armies? Thanks again.

A while back in White Dwarf, back when they still printed rules and it was worth what it was printed on, they published a chapter approved article on attack dogs. They were basically an appendment to all races wargear lists and acted similarily to Tau drones.

I've pondered the following unit off and on.

Inquisitor, four hounds.

three acolytes, two hounds each.

14 figures. I've planned on using CyberMastifs, a tech-priest, and some suitably robed acolytes.

• 5 months later...

Kroot Mercenary Codex, use Kroot hounds to "count as" cyber googies and use the kroot in the squads as human handlers, or something.

Quite an effective unit too, I'm using the codex as my "cultists" and its working fantastically so far.

Archived