Necrons

Artangel

To down a C'Tan, 2 Daemon princes, marks of tzeench, warptime and wings.

That is how its done, i worked this out at one point, at worst they will hold it up for 4 turns, and with mathhammerring that i did it works out as them killing the Nightbringer up close for roughly the same points.

I need the necron codex to do it again however as i cant remember the NB's stats off the top of my head.

His initiative is pretty lousy, and so is his WS for an MC, your hitting him on threes wounding on fives with rerolls, hes hitting on fives wounding on twos, but you have double his attacks and hit before him, even without my ability to think it out youl agree it looks promising?

I forget why, probably just because it was my standard build and so i just took 2 of them.

No mark is really neccesary really if we think about it, a possibility is MoTz and gift, 1/3 chance of spawning the NB, that would be classic XD

Toughness 8 and WS6 if I remember rightly, so you're hittting on 3s wounding on 6s, and he's hitting on 4s and wounding on 2 - and yep, C'tan ignore all saves of any kind....

Hit before (I5 vs I4 i think) with 10 attacks on the charge, hitting on 3s twin linked so (2/3 + (1/3*2/3)) = 8/9 chance of a hit = 8 8/9 hits, roughly 8.88, wounding on 6 twin linked so (1/6+(5/6*1/6)) = 11/36, which gives you roughly 2.7 wounds. I think NB has 5 wounds so should be done in 3 turns, with the NB with 5 attacks has killed at least 1 DP by then, and you've lost 2 scoring units......

Spacefrisian has the point. A libby or a sorcy can't kill a NB cause it can't wound it. So Typhus, Chaos Lords, Sorcerers are out of question.

First of all your primary targets should be destroyers of any kind. They move as jetbike and have e 36" range with their guns. Down them, and the shooting power of the Necron force is severely crippled.

I would say, your target priority list should look like this (in order of importance):

- Destoryers

- Heavy Destroyers

- Immortals

- Warriors

Secondary targets:

- Lords

- Scarabs - they die easily to PF attacks, but they can easily tie down units in close combat, and thus block LOS

- Tomb Spyders

You should avoid/ignore:

- Pariahs - they have a nifty 24" range Assault 2 gun, but they are a big points sink, that does not contribute to the PO number, are a joke in CC even with their "ignore all saves" weapons

- Deciever, Nightbringer

- Monolith

I would think that ignoring the Monolith is a big mistake.

It can Deepstrike into the worst possible place - it can drop big pie plates on your dudes - and worst of the lot it can pull dudes out of combat and re-roll the 'We'll be Back' rule.

Ignore it, and you are likely to be feeling a lot of pain as it casually meanders through your lines.

Well, it doesn't actually drop big pie plates; more like small dessert plates. Big pie would be a 10" blast, and freakin' scary!

But I agree with the good Lady. Monoliths, depending on how they're being used, are not to be ignored, despite what people say. With Necrons, a lot of their stuff synergizes with each other, such as monoliths vacuuming up units and depositing them with more survivors than before. Take away the monoliths, and you take away a very strong way to make We'll Be Back rolls. They are a lot of the time a key to the survival of the army. Not to mention they never stop shooting. Sure the range is short, but you'll find yourself getting there quickly.

But Typhus always wounds on a 4+, so he would be able to take the Nightbringer. He hits on 4+, wounds on 4+, and bypasses Invul. save on 4+. So 1 in 8 chance of dealing a wound. 3 base attacks, 4 if charge, +daemon weapon attacks, and he attacks first so he has a good chance of instagibbing the Nightbringer. Oddly enough he has a better chance vs. NB than abby.

Archived