Angels Sanguine Speeder #2

OwlandMoonGuy

I posted an entry in my blog with a few more details but here are some additional shots of the model:

gallery_15218_535_190545.jpg

gallery_15218_535_414803.jpg

gallery_15218_535_235770.jpg

There are a few more pics in my Gallery as well.

It was a project worth doing and I'm happy with the results. I just wish I had more time to really let my sense of perfectionism take over. Oh well, only so many hours in the day and so many of them are already spoken for. I'll attempt to be both content and dissatisfied at the same time.

-OMG

Yowza. That is very very sexy. I love the whole feeling of movement in the model due to the purity seals and such. The bases are also spectacular, especially the marble flooring. I do hope the Chaplains candles stay lit though as they woosh around :P Or hope the landspeeder has a handy cigarette lighter!

to be honest im not sure what you could do to create the essence of motion, its not as if he has horse hair flowing out of the back of his skull mask! unless you used the chain thing on the DA sprue, you know the one with a few DA icons some incense bottle thingys, honours and a tabberd flowing out of the middle although i cant find a pic of it

if you converted that a bit then that could look good

yay you took my reccomendation!!!

sadly all though i can do things in my head im no where near as good as you at putting them on the model you shold be proud!

the problem with HB/MM is that if you have the MM then you cant have the ASS CANNON :P

you should do something for GD or have you already got something up your sleave <_<

have you finished the TH/SS termie squad yet? or have i missed that

Outstanding OMG I think you have out done yourself on these puppies.

I love the battle damage you have done and the red looks like nice and rich. These are totally original, I've never seen anything like them.

Don't listen to the fewls who tell you to use a MM :P, I've always loved the HB, Assault cannon combo myself.

The one thing that I can't see is the controls of the pilots, did you do anything special with their control panels/flight controls? It's always cool when someone paints up a radar display with little blips on it :)

Again, great job man,

Corb

Wow... that is just amazing. I love the chaplains pose.

"Drive closer so I can bash his skull in!"

Impressive work as ever.

Are the bases just bits of the Cities of Death terrain cut off, or was there some kind of kit made with those bits specifically for bases?

I do hope the Chaplains candles stay lit though as they woosh around ;) Or hope the landspeeder has a handy cigarette lighter!

Rumor has it that new standard wargear for the next Codex: SM will include; bolter, bolt pistol, plastic butter knife, assorted party favors & cigarette lighter (just no cigarettes, SM's w/cancer are only T3 despite their augmented lungs). Actually, the candles employed on the chaplain are them joke birthday candles that relight every time they’re blown out.

yay you took my reccomendation!!!

the problem with HB/MM is that if you have the MM then you cant have the ASS CANNON :P

you should do something for GD or have you already got something up your sleave ;)

have you finished the TH/SS termie squad yet? or have i missed that

* Of course I took your recommendation. All good ideas stolen freely.

* Actually… Blood Angels can take Assault cannons w/multi-meltas. They can even take speeders w/ass-can, melta (or HB) and missiles all on the same speeder. Strange but true.

* I entered the Chicago GD's two years ago and didn’t even make first cut. Actually, I still don’t think my models are competition quality yet. Maybe in a few years I may have GD level skills so no plans to enter this year.

* And no, the Teutogen Guard/Titan Hammer squad has been shelved to get ready for http://www.adepticon.org in a few short weeks. I’ll get them going again here thereafter at some point.

The one thing that I can't see is the controls of the pilots, did you do anything special with their control panels/flight controls? It's always cool when someone paints up a radar display with little blips on it :blink:

Always great hearing from you Corbs and thank you. I can take a pic of the control panel but it's nothing awe inspiring. The detail is painted but I didn’t try to put an image on the screen. I just figured it would be covered up by too much of everything else going on with this model.

Are the bases just bits of the Cities of Death terrain cut off, or was there some kind of kit made with those bits specifically for bases?

The bases are just a kit-bash of bits so they are all pretty much CoD parts along with some IG accessory bits, then just sand & paint. I did get the shale bits from the 40k Basing Kit but that’s nothing out of the ordinary. You can get that from a lot of different sources. It does tend to be just the right scale for urban rubble though so I will give it that.

Thanks again for the comments. -OMG

Archived