Another 40k Warlord Titan - Chaos

shinjikun1

With the release of Apocalypse, I am happy to see more and more people building Warlord Titans for 40K. Heres a link to my hobby blog if you would like to see my WIP.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about scale and size for a Warlord scale Titan in 40K. I determined my scale by looking at the Epic range. I measured out and drew a sketch of a 40k Warlord on a big piece of paper and it looked like a good size. I also determined by studying various photos of the old Infinity Gate diorama (siege of the Emperors palace display @ Warhammer World Museum), that my titan would be almost the same size as the ones in the display. So using the 1:12 scale, i took measurement of the current Epic Warlord model and made templates. It stands about 32 inches tall.

IMHO i think that really there is no definitive scale for this model at this time. You'll find a few hight reference in the Fluff, but these aren't always consistent. Comparing GW Epic sale to GW 40k scale isn't consistent. As a result we are seeing many variations in the size of the models being produced. I think thats fine because whats important it that you enjoy the process of building it and your end result will be pretty impressive on the tabletop regardless.

You can leave comment on the blog page. Id love to hear what you guys think and feel free to ask questions.

• 2 months later...

Holy crap. I swear I have seen something like this before. I remember seeing the main body WIP?

Looks fantastic. I don't get why anyone didn't comment on this before...

Alpha

i like it. :P

nice traditional warhound design. huge and strong. :D

-

with some very good ideas and the propotioning looks really good and fitting.

the shoulder-mounted vmb is great. so is the head.

-

and as you've said: because there's no standard size defined for that model i think everything between 60cm and 100cm could be used as warlord.

=> so please keep us updated. :P

If I built a Titan, I would make it look like the bad-guy giant Iron Man from...Iron Man. That guy looks like he would make an awesome Titan. Or Dread. Or just a scary robot. Oh, there I go...Back on topic...Your Titan looks awesome. I'm always impressed by these scratch-built Titans everyone makes. I could never muster up the patience to do one of these.

Good grief that looks good. Highly detailed and proportioned very nicely. I always thought warlords with hth weapons were WAY over kill up close when you think about it but it fits the Chaos look. The head and weaponry really made an impression on me. Very talented work.

:unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
i like it. :)

nice traditional warhound design. huge and strong. :devil:

-

with some very good ideas and the propotioning looks really good and fitting.

the shoulder-mounted vmb is great. so is the head.

-

and as you've said: because there's no standard size defined for that model i think everything between 60cm and 100cm could be used as warlord.

=> so please keep us updated. :D

thats a 3rd edition titan i think the orignal where beetle backed things that looked god awful

Archived